UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Humbugs Xmas Shopping

Helly

I hate Shopping at the best of times but all the Christmas lights decorations trees and music really gets me down , christmas for me is a lonely time of year as i have no extended family , i suppose on the plus side is i only have a few people to actually shop for but i still hate it :rolleyes:

Fiona xx

Fiona , I am sorry you feel down and feel lonely this time of year :GroupHug:

not every one has an accessible extended family ( neither Mark nor I do ) but I agree the commercial aspect of xmas is aimed at the ideal of large ( and happy ) families and I don't think its realistic image for most people

Sam x

I think aloneness might be something that we have to face up to this year - not loneliness because we have each other and love being here. Usually, we spend the whole day playing and grazing (no big meal until Boxing Day), but my Mum and Dad, Nan and Grandad usually come to visit in the morning, plus various friends pop over during the last few days before The Big Day.

My nan and grandad have refused to come and visit us here - despite being offered lifts, etc. My mum and dad won't come down to visit for Christmas Actual because my mum won't leave my nan and grandad alone. It's not really going to be practical for us to be in Bristol because it means leaving the cats, taking the dogs and all of our stuff, plus coming back with our stuff plus the kids' presents, food, etc that Mum will pile into the car.

Friends here are a bit thin on the ground.

Despite how it sounds, this isn't a woe is me post at all, but it has only just hit me really :unsure: I'm quite looking forward to going to the beach on Christmas Day :biggrin:

first of all bah humbug :biggrin:

christmas shopping for me is going to M & S, buying a load of vouchers

and posting them off to my family as they all live down south and I'm here

ooop north

10 minutes job done :rolleyes:

ah, but what about the nooo mystery person in your life? Won't she get something more than M & S vouchers? Better start stressing now about getting that pressie right :biggrin:

Edited by eve

Don't get stressed out about it as I don't do any :biggrin: I loathe shopping any time and this time of the year avoid it like the plague.I have to go into town tomorrow and with a bit of luck that will be my last trip until after Christmas.Few of my close friends celebrate Christmas and those who do we came to an agreement many years ago that buying gifts for each other was nonsensical.No family to buy for.And I don't even buy for the Ds - they get the 2/3rds off Christmas stockings and toys on sale the day after Boxing Day :laugh:

Don't get stressed out about it as I don't do any :biggrin: I loathe shopping any time and this time of the year avoid it like the plague.I have to go into town tomorrow and with a bit of luck that will be my last trip until after Christmas.Few of my close friends celebrate Christmas and those who do we came to an agreement many years ago that buying gifts for each other was nonsensical.No family to buy for.And I don't even buy for the Ds - they get the 2/3rds off Christmas stockings and toys on sale the day after Boxing Day :laugh:

Lucky you. That sounds lovely. I have cut right back now that my kids are grown up - and anyway, nowadays, most people buy themselves everything they need - or want. All that worrying and trailing round shops to find the one thing they don't already have seems wasteful and pointless. Bonnie won't know it's Christmas - she may have a bit of our meal, but that's it.