UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Oldies Club Photo Competition *now Open* - Open To Dogs Of All Ages, Cats And Smaller/other Pets

The Winter 2007 Oldies Club photo competition is now open :biggrin:

The competition will remain open until Saturday 5 January 2008 - so plenty of time to get those Christmassy shots :santa:

The eight classes will be judged, with rosettes given for 1st, 2nd and 3rd place in each class, plus a prize for first place in each class.

The 1st and 2nd places in each of the classes will go through to Best in Show, which will go to public vote - the overall winner will receive a further rosette and a fantastic prize :biggrin:

You do not need to be a member of the Refuge to enter the competition, but you will need to be a member in order to vote for the Best in Show.

Please note that by entering this Oldies Club photo competition, all entrants automatically give Oldies Club the rights to reproduce their images for promotional purposes.

Please see below for details of entrance fees, how to enter, and the rules :biggrin:

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Classes and Prizes

1. Oldies (dogs aged seven years and older) (these can be *any* older dog, they don't have to be Oldies Club dogs)

There will be a rosette for the first, second and third place.

The winner will also receive a snuggly blanket, a tub of 1,000 small liver treats and a clicker :biggrin:

2. Younger dogs (dogs aged six years and under) – a class for all those beautiful younger dogs out there.

The winner will also receive a cuddly, squeak fish toy (as pictured below), a tub of 1,000 small liver treats and a clicker

_interpet_Sea_Life_Chatterbox.jpg

3. Puppies! Show us your dogs when they were cute (and norty!) puppies - you can enter photos of your puppy when he/she was aged six months or under. (You can enter this class even if your dog is now all grown up!).

The winner will also receive toys (balls on a rope and a twin pull toy), a tub of 1,000 small liver treats and a clicker

4. "Christmassy pets" – show us your pets posing by the tree, dressed up as reindeer, opening/playing with Christmas presents, snuggled up by the fire on Christmas day, playing in the snow(!) etc.

The winner will also receive a cuddly, tuggy Mr Twister Turkey (as pictured below), a tub of 1,000 small liver treats and a clicker

Turkey-tug-small.jpg

5. Best Dressed – for all those pets who love to show off (or not!) in their favourite jewellery, fancy dress outfits etc.

The winner will also receive a lovely dog tag (choice of *one* of the designs below), a tub of 1,000 small liver treats and a clicker

daisy_vet_02.jpgtopdog_chipped_02.jpg

6. Out-takes/funny photos – can be of any of your pets – aim to make the judges smile or laugh out loud. Include out takes, animals doing silly things etc.

The winner will also receive a Moo-cow soft toy which has a Moo-voice box (will need supervision) (toy as pictured below), a tub of 1,000 small liver treats and a clicker

mooing_cow.jpg

7. Cats – show us your beautiful feline friends

There will be a prize for the winner - details to follow :flowers:

8. Smaller/other pets (rabbits, guinea pigs, hamsters, rats, ferrets, horses etc.)

There will be a prize for the winner - details to follow :flowers:

Best in Show - the first and second winners of each of the eight classes will go into the Best in Show which will go to a public vote.

The Best in Show winner will receive a further rosette, along with a box of chocolates and a fantastic digital photo keyring worth almost £45 - very kindly donated by I Want One Of Those :flowers: (I do want one of these but I can't enter :( ).

digkey_lg.jpg

Oldies Club would like to thank:

I Want One Of Those for the fantastic digital photo keyring

Puddle Pet Care - for their kind donation of the cuddly toys, balls etc.

Crosskeys for kindly donating the clickers

Igloo Designs - for kindly donating the dog tag prize

Marlin Rosettes - for kindly supplying all the rosettes for this competition

and Barker & Barker - for kindly donating the liver treats

:flowers:

Entrance Fees

It costs £1 per photo to enter. Your photo entries should be resized to a maximum of 640 x 480 and emailed to Angela at [email protected], clearly stating which category each photo is for (even if it seems obvious to you!). If you can name the photos to include the class number/info (eg Class 1 - oldies), that would be really helpful, if not it might be best to send a separate email for each class you are entering.

It costs £1 per photo, or £5 for six photos (£10 for 12 photos etc.)

Payment can be made by PayPal or cheque. If you are paying by PayPal, please use the PayPal button on the Oldies Club website: http://www.oldies.org.uk. Please add extra to cover the PayPal fees – you can use this handy PayPal calculator to work out what to pay so that the OC receives the intended amount: http://www.ppcalc.com/ (e.g. if you are entering 4 photos at £4, you would need to pay £4.35 (additional donations obviously welcome).

Please forward your PayPal receipts to Angela at [email protected] in confirmation of payment, but do not make payment to this address - please use the PayPal button on the Oldies Club website.

If you would prefer to pay by cheque, please make the cheque payable to Oldies Club and PM me for an address to send it to :flowers:

If you belong to the Refuge forum, please include your username on both your email with photos and your PayPal payment to enable me to match your entries/payment up and add your photos to the competition threads :flowers:

Rules

You can enter as many photos as you like, paying as per the entrance fees listed above.

You can enter photos of any of your pets, they do not have to be Oldies Club dogs nor do they have to be rescue animals. You are welcome to enter photos of any Bridge babes :wub: Any photos taken MUST have been taken by you – you can not enter photos taken by someone else, including professional photographers.

You may enter photos into as many different classes as you like – the more the merrier – but you will need to pay an entrance fee for each class entered. You can enter the same photo in different classes, but you will need to pay an entrance fee for each class.

The judges’ decision is final, as is the public vote.

Questions

Please let me know if you have any questions that I have not covered above :flowers:

I updated the details slightly to clarify that PayPal payments should be made via the Oldies Club website http://www.oldies.org.uk - PayPal button near top right of the screen - and receipt forwarded to me :flowers:

Also, please re-size photos to a maximum of 640 x 480 before sending them to me. If you really struggle with this then please email me, but it would be very helpful if the photos were already re-sized to save me having to spend ages doing that as well as sorting/uploading them etc.

Threads including the entries will be started on here in due course.

Thank you for all the entries received so far - I will start adding the photos to threads in the Oldies Club section of the board within the next day or so.

Do keep sending your entries in - still plenty of time and all money raised will help the older dogs in our care :wub:

And don't forget to take those Christmassy shots :santa:

Thanks for the entries so far - I am sorting through them now and will start adding them to the threads in the Photo Comp section shortly :flowers:

Your photo entries should be resized to a maximum of 640 x 480 and emailed to Angela at [email protected], clearly stating which category each photo is for (even if it seems obvious to you!). If you can name the photos to include the class number/info (eg Class 1 - oldies), that would be really helpful, if not it might be best to send a separate email for each class you are entering.

Can I please just quote myself on this bit - I think some of you are sending photos through to me for different classes on one email and organsing the photos in a particular order. Unfortunately they are not necessarily arriving with me in the same order so I am a bit :wacko: at the moment. If you could please rename the photos themselves to state which categories they are for, that will be very helpful, enable me to get the photos up more quickly and save me having to come back to you to doublecheck :flowers: If you are not sure how to rename the photos, could you please send separate emails with photos for different classes and state clearly in each email which class you are submitting those photos for :flowers: That will be much easier on my poor little brain.

Thanks very much :flowers:

Still time to take some Christmassy pics before you take those decorations down too :santa: