UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Another Itchy Dog

agilitymad

lucky has been suffering on and of know for about 2yrs with itchy front legs but only on the back and near his nails where he chews until he makes his nails bleed :ohmy: he is also itchy on his face around his muzzle which he also itches until he makes the skin red and sore and this then gets infected so he then needs antibiotics to help clear things up :(

I keep going back to the vets but nothing is ever found that can course this so my vet has put it down to stress :huh:

i can use any chemaical flea treatment like frontline advantix as he is highly allergic and his skin where the products is put on has wet ossing sores :mecry:

i don't think its fleas but thing are getting worse he gets so down is there anything elce i can do for my boy :)

he is being fed a raw diet with garlic/aloe vera juice and evening primrose oil but nothing is helping?

Luckys going back to the vets tomorrow but i don't want him back on the steriods due to his immune system being so low.

what do i do :mecry:

I suppose as you've been to the vets that mites have been ruled out? Thornits (available here) can help with that, both in the area around ears and feet.

Otherwise - have you ever tried Bob Grass products? They are supposed to be very helpful, especially with long term or recurring skin conditions - might be worth a phonecall to them to talk about it.

Also, maybe talk to an experienced Ttouch practitioner, as they can also help dogs with very sensitive skins.

Poor Lucky, it must be driving him (and you!) mad :GroupHug:

• 2 weeks later...

Ohh was just going to post in my old thread about Tiz but will tell you instead!! :biggrin:

It's might be concidence but I bought on the off chance (only cos I was ordering stuff for me so thought it was worth a try) this Coat and Skin and she's 100 times better!! She's stopped scratching and isn't biting at her legs at all. Thought for the price (and buy one get one free) it was worth a try!

Ohh was just going to post in my old thread about Tiz but will tell you instead!! :biggrin:

It's might be concidence but I bought on the off chance (only cos I was ordering stuff for me so thought it was worth a try) this Coat and Skin and she's 100 times better!! She's stopped scratching and isn't biting at her legs at all. Thought for the price (and buy one get one free) it was worth a try!

Thanks for the tip I glad Tiz is feeling less itchy :flowers:

lucky had tests last week to see what was making him so itchy he looked like a dot to dot after i picked him up from the vets :biggrin: anyway he is allergic to pollen, 4 types of house dust mites, other dogs :ohmy: and is highly alergic to miggies. :mecry: but atleast we know now. :)

my vet is getting a vaccine made up for him so fingers crossed it will work :)

Edited by agilitymad