UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Dig For Deaf Blind Dog Down Hole

Ruby1Nic

The poor dog is deaf and blind, just 'cos he doesn't respond it doesn't mean he's dead. He just can't tell if anyone is trying to get him out and probably exhausted himself crying and wriggling around.

They said it takes an hour to dig a metre, I know if it was my dog I would dig with my bare hands if I had to and I wouldn't rest until I got to her, alive or dead.

Poor Sprogget.

I have to say though... well done to everyone who has given up time voluntarily to attempt his rescue.

I personally know members of caving and mountain rescue times (dont know if anyone i know was involved in this one) and I have to say its heartbreaking to see (not here i must add) people implying that the rescuers dont 'care' enough to try harder, or havent made enough effort.

Rescues like this are often extremely dangerous, extremely hard work (you cant actualy dig through rock without heavy machinery, often the way cave and mine systems are opened up is via explosives which obviously werent safe in this situation) and to see these people being slated is horrific!

They dont do these jobs for money and I know of people who have risked their lives to rescue dogs in similar situations.

It is tragic that Sprogget couldnt be rescued and Id think no one is more aware of that than the people hwo have tried so hard to save him.

Hopefully blocking up the sink hole he vanished down will prevent any other dogs suffering the same fate.