UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Fao Ian...thanks To The Lions/leos!

Kaye9

Hi Ian,

I just wanted to let you know that the fabulous Luke and his Leos came along on Sunday and turfed the final corner of Dominics sensory garden and,as I have righted the smashed area now,it all looks fantastic and Dom has spent the majority of the last 2 days sat down there.

Luke came along with 4 young workers and set about turfing the garden in blazing hot weather and I have to say I felt really sorry for them and a trifle guilty too.It took them a few hours and it looks fantastic.I have been watering the turf at night and first thing,as advised by Luke,and I am so pleased with it all and I get tears in my eyes when I think about how it looked after the tree fell.(See previous thread)

Luke is looking at getting someone to put electric up to the Summerhouse so that Dom can listen to his music,as I'm spending a small fortune in batteries at the mo,and also so that I can plug in his little fountain which is there but not set up yet due to electricity.

Anyway...Thank you so much for contacting Luke,Ian,and huge thanks to Luke for caring....and the workers too obviously.

The newly turfed area.

Image0001.jpg

The turfed area AND the area that was totally written off.

Image0011.jpg

Dom making the most of it.(Sealed box is the fountain in front of him!)

Image0021.jpg

Hi Kaye/Ian thanks for your nice words. It took a while to arrange, with holidays etc but we really enjoyed the work we did in the garden. I hope the hot weather has not dried out the grass too much and Dom can play on it now.

Ian, for some reason my Lions club does little "Service" activites and concentrates mainly on fundraising. I have come from the Leo club who mainly do the opposite so it was enjoyable to get our feet stuck in and do something worthwhile. It was a hot day, but nevertheless enjoyable.

We have a club meeting tonight (Monday) so thanks to everyone I have printed out your comments and will take to the meeting.

I shall probably say goodbye now as I only joined this forum to help Kaye out as a response from my Lion colleague Ian and will probably not log on again.

If anyone else needs similar Lionistic help again and cannot reach Ian then please contact me at [email protected] (cool address don't you think)

Bye for now and thanks.

~LUKE~