UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Goodbye Jack...the Gentle Giant :(

Kaye9

Hi all,

I'm afraid that I am posting,for the first time in ages,with very sad news.

Gentle Jack,the Labrador X Husky I fostered and my sister adopted went to the Bridge this afternoon. :mecry:

He would have been 15 in the New Year so he did well for a dog of his size really but my sister,Lynn,and her family are devastated and I am also very upset.He will leave a huge gap and be missed so much.:mecry:

His legs have been giving way alot the last few months and the vets had tried everything to help,the last being steroid injections,but he kept collapsing and this last week looked thoroughly miserable.His quality of life had deteriorated and my sister knew it was time.

Her and her Fiance held him while he slipped away and he is now at peace.

My sister,Lynn,will be mailing the Oldies Club with a fitting tribute to him to put on the Oldies site but she doesnt post on here and quite a few of you knew him or of him so I wanted to update you.

RIP handsome boy.Huge hugs and love. :( :wub: :mecry:

Jack0421.jpg

PA290009.jpg

Edited by Kaye9

Oh Kaye I'm so very sorry. Please pass on my condolences to your family. Jack was one of my faves and such a beautiful dog. Run free scrumptious boy. Thinking of you all. :GroupHug:

I will Michelle,thank you! :(

You know it's going to happen,try and prepare yourself for when it does but it still hits hard.

Lynn was just so pleased that she got to spend over a year and a half with him but wished she could have had him longer.

He had a fantastic home with her and in the last 6 months Jack had a companion,Ruby,a young Boxer X who Lynn adopted from Many Tears which is a good thing in hindsight.They got on well together despite her being a bouncy fruitcake. :sad02:

Hope you are well.

Thank you Clint.

Edited by Kaye9

I'm so, so sorry to hear Jack's gone to the bridge. What a gorgeous boy he was :wub: :wub:

My thoughts are with you all :GroupHug: I will light a candle for Jack later. Sleep tight lovely boy.

You know it's going to happen,try and prepare yourself for when it does but it still hits hard.

So true :GroupHug:

Thank you so much everyone.It means alot.

Hope I'm not boring you but Lynn has just sent me 2 pix she took in the last 24 hours.

Jack 12.7.07

Jack127.07.jpg

Jack and my sisters daughter,Holly 13.7.07

Jack137.07.jpg

:wub: :mecry:

Kaye so sorry to hear this sad news.

Jack sounds like he was a special boy, he has such a lovely face no wonder your sister fell for him. Just look at those eyes, Bless him

Run free Gentle Jack, a star will always shine for you in those that loved you so much. :wub:

:GroupHug: to you all

Cheryl & Mike xxx

Aw Kaye you could never bore us with piccies of this lovely fella. He actually looks like a giant male version of our Sheena. I never noticed that before. You come and talk to us about him as much as you want/need to. He looks like such a lovely natured boy. Bless his heart. :wub: