UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

My Darling Pillow-cat

Guest patch

In 1991 you came in to my life. You were frightened of everything at first, but then you decided to let me try to earn your trust. I cried such happy tears the first time you stepped on to my lap, looked up at me, then curled up to a deep relaxed sleep.

Over the years, you welcomed many new cats into our home, always gentle with them, letting them know you understood they were frightened too, and showing them they could trust in me as you did.

Lately, your age began to show, you became frail, but that never stopped being playful, and giving me happy purrs, letting me know you were glad to be my little girl.

Yesterday, you ate better than you had done for a while, you purred on my lap, paddling your paws in delight as I stroked you.

As always, it came time to go to bed. You took you place on my pillow, the place which gave you your name because you slept there by my head every single night since the first day when you realised you really were safe and sound, my beautiful Pillow-Cat.

But in the early hours, I felt `something` was wrong. I looked at you in the darkness and touched you - you purred one last purr and tried to stand but you could`nt get up. I held you close, begging you to be alright, telling you how much I love you but the next thing I knew, you were gone, my sweet girl. You gave me just enough time to tell you I loved you, as if you did`nt want to just slip away without me being able to share that last brief moment of your life. I am blessed that you wanted to be at home with me, quiet and warm, you did not give me time to call the vet. You have seen many go and not come home over the years, and nuzzled me while I cried with grief for them. You chose your way, at home with me, surrounded by love. I`m not surprised you wanted it that way.

You gave me such a special last day with you, I will treasure that love you showed me even when you must have known your time was so close.

So now, you make your journey to the Bridge. I know you will be ok there, with all who have gone before you, until the time when we will all be together again.

Sleep tight my darling, I love you.

playcat.jpg

Pillow-Cat, aged 19 years, passed away at 5.55am 05/02/06

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...