UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

The Hardest Post I've Ever Written.....

dirtychicken

Just a quick update to say that the wonderful Fionna has stepped in to offer to have Bailey at the Barn and rehome him from there :wub: He is a different dog there (he's just had a week's holiday there whilst we've been on holiday) and is so much more relaxed than he's ever been at home - enough for it to break my heart all over again as I realised that he definitely has the potential to *be* relaxed and happy in a home, just not here, with me :mecry:

:GroupHug: This must be very hard for you but you're putting him first and that's a very brave and compassionate thing to do :GroupHug:

I can't pretend to know how you are feeling but I hope the fact that Fionna has taken him on and that you are hopeful he can be happy in another home, will comfort you a little at what must be such a difficult time :GroupHug: I hope that reads as it's meant to :flowers:

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sarah, You and your family have given Bailey so much love, and helped heal his confused mind, no one could of done more, but as others have said sometimes much as we want to be the "right" home for every dog we just can't be, It's time for Bailey to move on, and take the next brave step with a new mum and dad who will be out there waiting :GroupHug: :GroupHug: :flowers:

I just want to say thank you so very much for all the kindness and hugs. I soooooooo needed it and it has made all the difference :flowers:

I have had some wonderfully supportive PMs too and they are also very much appreciated :flowers:

Some of the wonderful things that people have said have helped me to look at things a bit differently and realise that this really is the best thing for Bailey, especially the PM from the lovely person who pointed out that maybe I was never destined to be the one to have Bailey's company forever and maybe he was simply sent to me to be loved until *his* family were ready for him, maybe they're ready now. That will be the thought that gets me through all this :wub: :mecry:

It helps so much to know that there are people who understand :flowers:

I agree with this. Some things are meant to happen; some things take a little longer!! But Bailey knew he was safe with you and that's what's most important :flowers: