UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Begley Has A Nasty Cough!

sproggie14

Mr B has been coughing today :(

He has a tenedency to cough like this sometimes if one of the other dogs leans on him but it always stops as soon as they move. This morning we had a bit of a doggy pile up on the bed and he coughed a bit but it has carried on all day. We have given him some horlicks ( :rolleyes: ) cos he loves it and I thought it might sooth his throat if it was irritated but it doesn't seem to have helped. He's not doing it constantly - he can go an hour or so without coughing and then he has a little bout lasting about 5 minutes. He seems fine in himself, bright, alert, no sign that he is feeling unwell. The vet opens briefly in the morning so we'll definitely take him then but do you think it's worth an emergency vet visit? My feeling is it'll be ok til the morning but the last time I made that call was with Fraggle and I got it very wrong :mecry:

Here's the video anyway

Dont you love the concern that Cassie is showing? I think she's just annoyed that her pillow keeps fidgeting :rolleyes:

Snoopy sometimes does this if she has eaten a longish blade of grass and it is lodged in her throat.

I always think that she is going to be sick when she does the retching bit but she never is.

The only other thing I can think of is that it may be a furball?

Have you seen sending it Muriel cos he's much better now :) He has coughed a little a couple of times when he leant his throat against my leg but only briefly and otherwise fine. We'll take him in the morning anyway to be safe but it's definitely much better.

• 2 months later...