UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Hills Id Perscription Diet

Guest madmare

Guest madmare

I have always just presumed that the Hills ID perscription diet given by vets for upset tummys and recovery from ops or illnesses, must be a really good diet suitable for all dogs, especially at the price it is.

This morning before feeding Shady hers I happened to look at the ingredients, which the main two are Meat and animal derivetives and cereal, so basically meat wise it could just be bits of beak or claw etc and then cereals which must contain wheat/gluten as there is no mention that it is wheat gluten free and as we know many dogs are wheat/gluten intolerant.

Now if I had just taken this and fed it to my Milo he would have in fact been quite ill as he is allergic to wheat/gluten (as well as many other things).

It just made me feel a little concerned the way vets try to get you to use it without first checking your dog is not intolerant especially as they are probably having it because they are low already and I am surprised a pet food company selling such a delicate food does not put a warning on it.

Just my opinion and hopefully if one of you has a dog with food intolerances that at sometime the vet perscribes this you will be aware it may cause more problems.

I won't give it to my dogs, mainly because Joe is allergic to some of the ingredients but talking to my vet, he said that Burgess Sensitive is just as good as Hills ID perscription diet. When Merlin ate the box of Roses, I took Burgess Sensitive in for him and my vets let him have that.

• 1 month later...