UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

For All The Reiki People....

Scooby Dobie

Just a quick (nosey :biggrin: ) question to ask....

What level are you at?

I achieved level 1 some years ago and tbh haven't done much with it since. I presume a lot of you are levels 2 / 3 as you send Reiki at a distance - does anyone teach it? I'm thinking of "restarting" my beliefs and (talents) but there is a distinct lack of Masters where I am and those that are around are quite frankly extortionate!

Also, are there any practioners of Johrei around? As I would like to find out more about this.

TY :flowers:

Pasquale

I'm Reiki 2 now.

BUT

You can send Reiki at Reiki 1 !!!

Shock horror, yes, you can! Try it, it works, honestly. Intention is what matters. If you intend to, it will happen, just trust and believe it.

When I was 'only' Reiki 1, I used to write the name on a piece of paper and clutch it in my sweaty hand and Reiki that if I didn't have a photo. Had some blooming long lists of names. Have to admit, I wasn't sure it would work till someone else who was also Reiki 1 said she did it, then I was asked to send to a wee dog who was coming to the end of her life, I got a pic, and sat here for hours with hands up to screen with her pic and the feedback I got amazed me - when I'd been sending, the little one would perk up......... I learnt to trust that it was happening despite me 'feeling' nothing.

When I did Reiki 2 I was more aware of the energy going which is lovely for me, but not necessary to help people or animals. For me, it does feel stronger now, but we're all different. My first Reiki master had been a master for a couple of years before she could feel anything happening.

Start practising with your Reiki 1 for now, get used to using the neergy, and let it flow, then once you've been using it daily for a few months you can start to think about whether you're ready to move on to Reiki 2 or not. There's no set time for doing each, only when is right for you, but I'm with the folk who feel you should leave a few months between 1 & 2 ansd probably a couple of years before 3. I waited 2 1/2 years before doing 2, and so far am not ready for 3, I'll know when I am. There are so many things for your bady and system to clear and cope with, I don't think it's wise to rush it, as it can be very uncomfortable to do so. Take your time, it will happen at the right time for you.

Gotta go out, will come back to this.......

Edited by Muriel

Have a read here - someone else was convinced she couldn't send Reiki at Reiki 1, a bit more explanation there. Page 10 on...

http://www.rykat.org/forums/index.php?show...1104&st=135

As you get back into regularly using it, the energy will become a part of you and flow more readily, then just practise sending across the room at first, then farther. It really does go as far as you ask it to - Reiki is smart, powerful, and limitless. It's we humans who sometimes put limits on it. No need for them at all. :biggrin:

Reiki 2 here too - and would absolutely with Muriel on this bit ...

You can send Reiki at Reiki 1 !!!

:flowers:

Reiki's one of the best things I've ever "done" :) Aside from lots of other wonderful things, it led directly to me adopting one of my beautiful dogs :wub: :wub:

I did Reiki 1 about 4 months ago and now feel ready for Reiki 2. I feel really lucky that I started distance healing right away for animals and I do prefer to work with a picture if possible. My Reiki Master who attuned me said that she switches it on and can feel it from her head down her neck, into her arms and hands. I can feel the energy in my hands when Iam sending Reiki and I know that it does feel stronger the more I send. I did Reiki mainly to help animals but have sent Reiki to several friends who say it has helped. I think it is a wonderful gift to have and I wish I could do more. Reiki had bugged me for more than a couple of years and it was something I felt I had to do and after several conversations with Muriel who was very helpful, I decided to go for it and I have never looked back. I have always been able to send distance healing from the first few days after I was attuned and Iam so pleased to be able to help animals and people in this way.

Eileen

kats - The right master for you will turn up at the right time for you, and probably when you're not actually looking :wink: I found my first one when I went looking for crystals for my first dog. Took me a few months to accept that she was right for me :D but eventually gave in - best thing I ever did. She disappeared from my life shortly after attuning me. Spoke to her recently and told her I'm now R2.

scooby - just curious - why do you need to meditate before using Reiki? (I've never succeeded in meditating)

Like the others I prefer to have a picture for distant, but I now know it'll go anyway, many emails have convinced me :D