UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Teilos Air Licking

Donna

Teilo does this weird thing that has been worrying me for a while , he can do it for up to 15 mins at a time , ive managed to catch it on vid , if you could take a look and reassure me hes perfectly normal honest guv :D

Thanks

Oh it will stutter first run through , just press play again

Thanks

Donna x

NEW LINK

Teilo does this weird thing that has been worrying me for a while , he can do it for up to 15 mins at a time , ive managed to catch it on vid , if you could take a look and reassure me hes perfectly normal honest guv :D

Thanks

Oh it will stutter first run through , just press play again

Thanks

Donna x

NEW LINK

I don`t want to worry you, but a quick google search threw up a few things I thought best to mentioning if only to rule them out. One is that it can be a symptom of bloat, another that it can be a compulsion disorder, but this one I was a bit worried about

http://sm.cavaliertalk.com/symptoms.htm

I could well be causing you unnecessary panic for which I apologise in advance, cos to a large degree it depends on if air licking can also be defined as lip licking by their definition, but I know the condition is something I would want to rule out.

I do hope it is just a `quirk`, and I`m sorry if I have caused you worry cos its not certainly a diagnosis attempt by any means, I just thought you might want it brought to your attention to be on the safe side so I hope I`ve done the right thing posting that link :unsure:

I don`t want to worry you, but a quick google search threw up a few things I thought best to mentioning if only to rule them out. One is that it can be a symptom of bloat, another that it can be a compulsion disorder, but this one I was a bit worried about

http://sm.cavaliertalk.com/symptoms.htm

I could well be causing you unnecessary panic for which I apologise in advance, cos to a large degree it depends on if air licking can also be defined as lip licking by their definition, but I know the condition is something I would want to rule out.

I do hope it is just a `quirk`, and I`m sorry if I have caused you worry cos its not certainly a diagnosis attempt by any means, I just thought you might want it brought to your attention to be on the safe side so I hope I`ve done the right thing posting that link :unsure:

Thanks , no thats fine , and i know about SM and have had suspicions that Teilo has it due to other symptoms he has shown , i spoke to the vet about a year ago , and that was why this is such a worry to me.

I think i may have to face facts that it is possible that he does have it , among his other problems :rolleyes:

Edited by Donna