UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Devastated....a Years Work Ruined!

Kaye9

Thanks Ian...I am in St Albans.

Hello Kaye my name is Luke from St.Albans Lions club. We have been contacted by Ian about your situation and I have read your sad story. Lions clubs all over the UK get involved with projects just like this and we wondered how we could help you? Did you need manpower to help rebuild your sensory garden or did you need financial help with replacing some items or perhaps both?

We also have a Leo Club in St.Albans, these are our junior Lions and are aged between 14-28. I attended one of their meetings on Monday and took the details that Ian gave us to their meeting. They were keen to help particularly if manpower would be needed and asked me to make contact with you.

Our next Lions meeting is on Monday 2nd April and I will present your story to the Lions meeting as well so if you could let me know how we can help you I will see what we can do.

I will log-in again every now and then to this chat-room to see if there is a reply but if you have any difficulty in contacting me you can reach me at [email protected] (cool address isn't it?) :biggrin:

Best wishes

~LUKE ADAMS~

I have spoken to Kaye and she is really touched (I knew that :biggrin: ) by the offer. As soon as she can get the tree removed she would really appreciate the help.She is still not on line so cannot reply herself but I thank you as well. x :flowers:

Well perhaps our help could include the removal of the tree as well?

Has Kaye got the tree removal organised? As I said in my last message our Leo club are enthusiastic about helping with manpower and this could include sawing up the tree for removal. I actually know of a "home" where all the tree branches etc can go.

~LUKE~

Well perhaps our help could include the removal of the tree as well?

Has Kaye got the tree removal organised? As I said in my last message our Leo club are enthusiastic about helping with manpower and this could include sawing up the tree for removal. I actually know of a "home" where all the tree branches etc can go.

~LUKE~

What a wonderful offer. :flowers: :flowers:

I'm sure Kaye will be overwhelmed.

Kazz xx

• 3 weeks later...

Hi all,

I am at last back online. :biggrin:

I would just like to say a huge thank you to Ian,Luke,Jazzie and everyone else who has offered and given help.It shows that there are some smashing folk about.

The tree is(Unbelievably) still there but the Council have had all the quotes in and have got a firm coming to move it soon.I will be claiming compensation and,for that reason,I need the Council to see what the damage is as the tree is taken.

My Fiancee,Jamie,mailed you,Luke as I couldnt get online at all to thank you.I would appreciate some help once the tree has gone.I spent a year doing it before this happened.Thank you Ian for putting Luke in touch.Thank you too Jazzie for the ornaments.I am looking forward to seeing the crocodile.

I really am touched....and I'm sure Dom will be very excited to see his new,and hopefully improved,garden! :flowers: :)