UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Iams?

jax39

dont forget to slowly introduce new food :wink:

Might not be a popular opinion, but if I took on a dog eating something as erm **** as Bakers, I would abandon that principle and swap over straight away. I've adopted three dogs who have been switched onto Naturediet immediately as I couldn't find out what they were eating before/couldn't get hold of it/or didn't want to, and all have been fine, no upsets at all.

Glad they have moved onto something other than Bakers and didn't go for Iams. Naturediet is a great food too, but not a dried one.

• 2 weeks later...
and since we talking anti animal testing , besides JWB I feed my dogs Nature Diet ,specially Reggie my Papiloon with very sensitive tummy :)

http://www.naturediet.net/index.html

most petshops sell it

edited for spelling

Just as an aside, Mars is the majority shareholder in JWB, so JWB is part of the same group of companies as Royal Canin :flowers:

Might not be a popular opinion, but if I took on a dog eating something as erm **** as Bakers, I would abandon that principle and swap over straight away.

I did exactly that with our collie.

Straight from Bakers to CSJ CP24 (or 21 - can't remember) and his scurfy skin was gone in days.

No stomach upset or anything.

Pam

Got to say I'm not a fan of Burns at all - have only used their cat foods and all of them did badly on it. I'm absolutely certain it was a contributing factor in Errol's blockages too, each time he had one he was on the Burns fish cat food, and Dodge was a bit iffy wee wise on that too. This has put me off trying the dogs on it (although we couldn't use it for Dharma anyway because of her intolerances). :flowers:

• 2 weeks later...

I must admit that I'm a huge fan of Burns. With 6 large dogs with individual health probs it has suited them all and instead of having 4 bags of different food we now just feed Fish & Rice. Ryker (boxer) cannot have gluten/wheat as his skin reacts badly, Katie (rottie) has pancreatis and is ok as long as she's not on high protein, Dino (rottie) has ... MANY probs from HD/Arthritis to squiffy tums, Misty (rottie) has colitis, Tyler (rottie) has eczema and squiffy tums ... Ellie (rottie) is the healthiest!

Finding the ideal diet for animals can be as problematic as for humans .. not everyone can eat curries/greasy food but equally high fibre/pasta etc can upset. Depends on the individual animal, I'm just glad that we've now found a food that suits all :)