UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Iams?

jax39

My friends dog is constantly scratching, the vet thinks its a vitamin definciency and has recommended changing her food to Iams, Im sure Ive heard that the Iams manufacturers do horrendous animal testing, is there an alternative?

What's the dog eating at the moment, that lacks vitamins?

There are lots of alternatives to Iams. My dogs are on James Wellbeloved Ocean Fish at the moment, that's a decent dry food that is good for the skin. Or Burns, Arden Grange, Europa, CSJ are all good brands that each produce a good range of foods.

I will recommend the James Wellbeloved, I think shes on Bakers complete at the mo.

Oh say no more then. Bakers is the equivalent of feeding a dog Mcdonalds every day :(

It's rubbish and Archie was on it when we got him - it made him manic.

Marion

My friends dog is constantly scratching, the vet thinks its a vitamin definciency and has recommended changing her food to Iams, Im sure Ive heard that the Iams manufacturers do horrendous animal testing, is there an alternative?

Whilst it doesn't replace a good diet you could also give him a cod liver oil tablet once a day - provides vitamins a, d & e & will help maintain coat / skin / bones etc. When I rescued Joyce this combined with a chicken & mixer diet, a fire & comfy chair to sit in produced a very visible improvement within 10 days (personally I wouldnt constantly feed any dry food alone - would you eat dry food every day?).

My vets refuse to sell Iam's, they won't even recommend it,

as they are seeing more and more animals with health problems due to this food,

Bakers is packed full of additives, and send dogs crazy,

If she is constantly scratching, then it could be she has an allergy to something in the the food,

csj i think do a sensitive one, or burgess super dog have a sensitive one aswell

http://www.burgesssupafeeds.co.uk/dogs/ind...mp;expand=range

a lot of people i know feed there dog this, and get good results,

but as with all foods what works for one dosent nessaceraly work for another,

it can take a while to find the right food for her dog,

as with one of mine, he has allergy's to certin food's, and was scratching untill he bleed,

it took a while to find one he was fine with, it can take a coupple of weeks to see a difference,

as all the toxins are still comming out for a while.

(personally I wouldnt constantly feed any dry food alone - would you eat dry food every day?).

Oh definitely, same here. It must be terribly dull to eat the same thing day in day out, and no wonder the poor things have problems if they do ever need to change food after such a repetitive diet.

Mine have their dry food as their main diet, but always with a mixer, and occasionally will have something different just for a change.

My guys at the moment are being feed forthglade and Arden Grange lamb and rice which they love :biggrin:

both have put on weight and have a lovely shinny coat :)

Lucky is so fussy in what he eats but has been eatting this for 6 weeks now (touch wood) :D

I found that mine lost weight on Burns. :ohmy: