UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

The Refuge "help A Rescue" Scheme

Pingu

we have put in place a way of allowing you to help a rescue out.

Each month a rescue will be chosen to be the recipient of this scheme.

What happens is this.

from your "My Controls" bit you have an option to do something called paid subscriptions. Normally this is used to raise funds for the board or to manage subscriptions to customer areas etc.

However providing a rescue has a paypal or nochex account it is possible to have this gateway point to that rescues account. Currently you will need either a paypal account or a credit\debit card. There is no way at the moment for any other methods - sorry, if you wish to donate you will need to contact the rescue directly.

The donation is for a pound, five pounds or a tenner and you then become a "rescue supporter".

In return you get:

• Your name in a differant colour (currently blue)
  • more PM Space
  • A nice warm glow

There are no special forums that this gets you access to.

The subscription lasts for 1 month from the date you make your donation then you revert to being a normal member.

Its kind of fitting that the first organisation is Wiccaways given the post by Sarah.

you can access the subscription bit either through your "my controls" or by clicking on the link below.

At the end of the period I will post how much was raised for the rescue.

here is the link.

Link to payment gateway

The payments btw are handled by paypal and the refuge cannot see anything to do with them other than the fact that you have made a payment (we dont know your card details etc)

Pingu

IMPORTANT

if you are in the rescue group or a moderator you MUST use the first option (for mods and rescues) otherwise you will lose membership of your respective group. If you choose the second one by mistake PM me and I will move you back to the appropriate group

Edited by Pingu

I couldn't find a way of increasing the amount donated. It seemed to be stuck at a quid. Maybe I'm just fick :blink:

on the paypal screen it should allow you to change the amount to a higher one. if it doesnt could you let me know.

ta

ooh it doesnt does it?

will see how that can be gotten round

Edited by Pingu

on the paypal screen it should allow you to change the amount to a higher one. if it doesnt could you let me know.

ta

I just tried with PayPal and it stayed at £1 as far as I took it, after entering my Paypal details and getting as far as the "message to seller" page with "pay" button at the bottom.

Sorry, you were editing as I was posting!

What a great idea! I can't make it send more than a pound whatever I do though.

I even tried cancelling the transaction, but it takes me back to the Subscriptions Control Panel rather than the Paypal one, so the only way I could make a larger donation would be to go direct to paypal and copy the address across, which would presumably not tie in with The Refuge system.

Of course, one could make a second payment direct from Paypal, but I assume that would mean 2 Paypal fees.

k

there are now options for £5 and £10

just to let you know that oince the month is up there may be some interesting bits depending on what happens once the subscription ends.

It should just move you back to the members group but as i have been unable to test this yet if there are any problems I wil have to address them then.

In testing the test account reverted to its former group but testing is one thing.. doing it for real is someting else. So if thing do go a bit squiffy in a month bear with me.

there also seems to be an issue with the exchange rates... so just leave it at GBP

Edited by Pingu