UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Synflex

Hayley

Yes, Mollydog has had it for ages for her arthritic wrist. I haven't noticed any sideffects, but I noticed the other dday that it does contain sugar which I suppose might affect Teddy if he is a smaller dog? (Mollydog is a greyhound so I really don't think the tiny amount of sugar in her small serving is enough to affect her.

Recently I've been trialling NAF Canine Hiprite, which I think is slightly cheaper and they sell it at my local agricultural store, which is handy.

Both work: I've taken her off the supplements a few times, and you can really tell the difference in terms of stiffness and limping.

All of our dogs have Synflex. Rox for her shoulder, Murph for his hips, Gem for her back, and Tricks just because the other 3 do and it's easier to put it in all 4 bowls than have to think which one doesn't need it!

It certainly seems to have improved their various problems. My dad takes it too and says it's 'good stuff'!

I use Supplex, which has Glucosamine and chondroitin in it, plus MSM, for Max. She has arthritis in one leg due to tearing a cruciate ligament a few years ago.

I also started her on cartrophen injections and hydrotherapy at the same time, so I can't say for sure what made the difference, but she's a lot less stiff now than when she started.

Take the top off that side, then squeeze the bottle. It should rush up the pipe into the little measury thing.

Thank you :flowers:

We tried all sorts of things of ways including removing both lids and spilling it all over the worktop :rolleyes:

• 6 months later...

Now you see this is what I've been missing - good old word of mouth advice. I'm looking to put my two old Newfies on something for their general stiffness. Lady Coco is just 9 and Duke is 7 1/2. (Newfies survive to about 10/12).

I've been on the net, getting very confuddles (nothing new there then) and thought that Synflex looked like a good bet. Was a little confused by the picture of supposedly one bottle with two tops????? All is now clear and I think Synflex will do the job.

Thanks Guys :flowers:

Oh yes - where is the cheapest place to get it? :rolleyes:

I swear by Synflex for my Milly who has severe HD. Nothing else (including cartrophen injections and glucosamine tablets) has touched it, whereas on Synflex she runs round like a loon.

MB I get it from www.hwize.com :flowers:

ETA : If you want to get it in the little chamber, just take that lid off and squeeze (leave the other lid on).

Edited by madmerle