UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Hello From Emw Sanctuaries

EMW Sanctuaries

:biggrin: I was sent the link to here from one of the forum members. so posting on behalf of EMW Sanctuaries. It's a busy time for us right now with both Sanctuaries - Herefordshire and Powys - running at maximum numbers although we do have some horses and ponies ready for rehoming there is a lonng waiting list - as with many chairities - of others waiting to come in.

With first the snow and then the rain it feels like we are drowning in mud but Spring is just around the corner and within a few weeks Garnlas - a 20 year old pony mare - will produce her last foal of probably at least 14, maybe more.

090207_094000garnlas1smaller.jpg

She arrived here in emaciated condition having been saved from the meat wagons by a kind lady. Garnlas had a foal at foot in the auction, unfortunately it was sold away from her on the day leaving her depressed and shut down. She took almost 3 months to regain her spirit but is now inter-reacting with us and this time she will not have her foal taken from her until she's ready to wean it herself. We expect her to foal around late March, early April.

emw

x

Welcome to the refuge, EMW. Lovely to see you here. I know that EMW will benefit from the support of all the animal lovers on this forum.

I've just read the post on Atom. How lovely to see the improvement you've made in him. Just emphasises how much good can be done when people pull together. Just a shame it's putting right the damage other people do.

Diane

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...