UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Greyhound Left To Die In Police Station

phoenix21

Poor poor dog and what it must have suffered just not bear thinking about.

I hope whoever is responsible is put in a kennel and forgotten about. I am so angry I just want to get in the car and drive down to Dalkeith and let rip at them :mad:

Run Free at the Bridge darling :wub:

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's just been on the local news. They interviewed a woman from Fife greyhound rescue, she was very good. She said one of the reasons the dog would have stayed silent was because of fear, the fear that if he barked his owner would have '' given him a kicking for making a noise'' :mecry: :mecry: .

Terri

what a horrifying awful death for that poor dog

This is a tagic incident and it does need to be fully investgated so that it can never happen again

As for the person or persons who placed the dog in the kennel I would think they must be feeling dreadful and haunted by what has happened.

I know I would be if I made a mistake at work and a person or animal lost there life as a result of that

I hope that the matter is dealt with quickly and calmly so that guildines and safey checks can be implemented in all police kennels ,

Sam

The poor dogs name was ........ Major and he was three years old.

There is a very small piece in the Scottish daily Record. They managed to get in touch with the owner, guess what it was him who took the dog into the police station. The dog was a racer who the guy bought a few weeks earlier.

Terri

I'm following you Terri!

More information regarding the poor hound at Dalkeith. He is not an NGRC registered trainer as expected and appears to want sympathy...

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/news/tm_...-name_page.html

25 January 2007

I DUMPED DEATH DOG

THE owner of a greyhound left to die in police kennels yesterday admitted he dumped it at the cop shop.

Trainer Colin Kerr, 44, handed three-year-old Major over to officers in Dalkeith, Midlothian, claiming he was a stray.

In fact, the dog was a racer he had bought weeks earlier.

Kerr, of Dalkeith, said: "I feel terrible. I have never inflicted any cruelty on an animal and I thought I was doing the right thing."

http://www.greyhoundactionscotland.org.uk/

Yes.

There are a lot of greyhounds in the Midlothian area and the majority are running at Armadale and Thornton. The guy was a flapping guy and not a 'real' trainer. There are lots of 'kennels' in Midlothian similar, but not as obvious, as our Seafield one.

This means the NGRC will wash their hands - even if the dog turns out to have been an NGRC dog sold on to flapping as happens very frequently in Scotland. It also gives the NGRC a perfect opportunity to again blame the flapping tracks for all that is wrong with the 'sport'.

It gives weight, in some sense, to the likelihood of flapping tracks being outlawed in Scotland though.

Whatever way I'm more angry at this guy than I am the police...

Has that police station got a website/chat forum or is it at area or division level

I think we should bombard them with protest after protest to let them know the strength of feeling this has caused

f***ing stupid w****rs.

Bet no action happens and the inspector/superintendent in charge doesn't even get a slapped wrist.

If anyone else had been responsible the SSPCA and the police would probably want to proscecute.

Poor little Boy, at least his suffering is at an end, no thanks to the police, again another job well done by the boys in blue...

Dalkeith is the Divisional HQ for Mid and East Lothian. Lothian and Borders covers...well... Lothian and Borders. It doesn't have a chat room but the main website is:

http://www.lbp.police.uk/index.asp

Any complaints should be directed to: complaints.conduct @ lbp.pnn.police.uk

However if you want to write to the station direct, the address is:

Dalkeith Police Station

Divisional Headquarters

Newbattle Road

DALKEITH

EH22 1DY

:flowers:

It appears the identity of the dog is "Bushmills Major", a three year old Brindle boy.

He first raced at Derry track in Northern Ireland then came over to race at tracks in the North of England, Brough Park at Newcastle, Sunderland and finally at Pelaw Grange.

Bushmills Major's last races were poor performances and he failed to finish his last recorded race at Pelaw Grange.

Some of you may remember that Pelaw Grange was the track where the two trainers and Racing Manager were caught handing over two greyhounds in July to the Seaham Greyhound Killing Fields.

This track was a flapping track until last year when it became an NGRC registered track.

Has that police station got a website/chat forum or is it at area or division level

I think we should bombard them with protest after protest to let them know the strength of feeling this has caused

f***ing stupid w****rs.

Bet no action happens and the inspector/superintendent in charge doesn't even get a slapped wrist.

If anyone else had been responsible the SSPCA and the police would probably want to proscecute.

Poor little Boy, at least his suffering is at an end, no thanks to the police, again another job well done by the boys in blue...

No one is disputing that what has happened is any thing other than a tragedy and off course it needs to be investigated but to make statements aimed at the entire police force because of an single incident is not justified nor is it helpful when every one wants to see this matter dealt with and appropriate action taken and measures put in place to ensure something like this never happens again

if after an investigation has taken place no action has been taken then people will have to chance to complain about that via the relevant complaints departments

Sam