UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

The Horse Update / Pic Thread

Clare

Minski, muddy, never!! She could find mud in the desert. She is also an appaloosa, hence the long flowing tail and the funny colour, she was roan based with quite a few spots. Now she has decided that she is going to spend the winter as a bay!

It was the spots I wasn't sure about! I hope we are going to see more Minski pics :flowers:

Bopp :wub: :wub: This thread just gets better and better!

It was the spots I wasn't sure about! I hope we are going to see more Minski pics :flowers:

Bopp :wub: :wub: This thread just gets better and better!

Oh OK you twisted my arm, here are a couple more of the pair of horrors, Kai decided this morning I need to improve my fencing skills so she has kindly taking a few of the top rails off again, so we can have more pactice. We have already had to increase the heigh of some of the fencing cos she likes to visit next doors horses and we've given up on electric fencing beacuse she hops over it. If she can't be bothered she just walks through it. At least the main boundary fencing is a 7ft hedge, she is determined she will work out how to get over it.

P6120047.jpg

P6120048.jpg

lovely pics...Nemo is stunning - i cant believe he is of retirement age - you wouldnt think it looking at the pics!! Do rolo and him get on or have they not met yet? :)

Rolo and Nemo will never meet - allthough their eyes met accross the yard yesterday as Nemo had to be brought in for the day - I got the "evil eye" when I got spotted going in to Rolo's stable :laugh: Nemo is seriously crabby with other horses and does not take well to any new horse - he would be doubly horrible to Rolo as he can be quite possessive of me :rolleyes:

He loves being on grass and was a complete pain yesterday evening as he could not wait to go back out again! It was quite refreshing to go in a groom placid little Rolo after trying to do battle with a zoom groom and a constantly moving Nemo! :laugh:

I often look at the photos taken on that day and wonder why I retired him - but it was the right thing to do at the time - he told me that he had had enough. retirement does seem to agree with him. :)

Minski is stunning and certainly does not look her age! (Nor act it, by the sounds of it!)

Lovely photos MilliesMum! How come Minskis tail is so short? Is it naturally that way? Kai :wub: :wub:

I've always wondered what persuades horses to stay in their fields as generally the fences are nothing they couldn't clear easily.

Bradders: How old is Nemo then? He certainly looks in fine fettle.

Lovely photos MilliesMum! How come Minskis tail is so short? Is it naturally that way? Kai :wub: :wub:

I've always wondered what persuades horses to stay in their fields as generally the fences are nothing they couldn't clear easily.

Bradders: How old is Nemo then? He certainly looks in fine fettle.

Thanks! Its an appaloosa thing. They are supposed to have a sparse mane and tail, but Minski being Minski got a bit carried away with the sparce concept! Its called a rat tail! Minski in her younger days used to jump in and out of fields on her own, she jumped post and rail, barbed wire, 5 bar gate! She was once on a yard where the amres and geldings are in separate field Minski decided to jump a water through to get to the boys (she is a major tart, even at 25) and had a great time charging round the field with them.

I forgot (again!) to take my camera up the yard so I rode home and got hubby to take some pics,David Bailey he aint!!!

[/img]

[/img]

[/img]

Bailey (on the right) is a gelding that I bred and belongs to my god daughter. He is a 15.2hh arab x warmblood. George is a 16.3 warmblood.

oooops that didn't work for some reason,try again!

Georgeandmedec2006005.jpg

Georgeandmedec2006004.jpg

Georgeandmedec2006002.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Hi everyone, I have just joined the refuge. Apart from the dogs I have Harry who is a 16.1 bay thoroughbred - probably ex race horse and I think has had a pretty grim life up until now. All your horses are lovely - I will take my camera at the weekend and get some more of him. There is a photo of him in the thread that Boosboss started - he has just had a nasty bout of colic and spent Christmas in hospital. It was great to get everyones messages.