UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

The Horse Update / Pic Thread

Clare

Well done gooster and Blue! :biggrin: I still have yet to attempt dressage officially, even the thought of it makes me nervous so hats off to all of you who do it!!

My horse is disgusting, I was quite ready to sell him this morning :laugh: I got him one of those 3kg licks to have in his stable, and a refill for his lickit, in an attempt to keep him occupied over the weekend. I put his new lickit in the holder, that disappeared in half an hour :wacko: So later in the evening I put the big lick in a bucket in his stable.

This morning I arrived to find Milo has dyed his face completely orange :rolleyes: He had managed to get the actual lick out of the bucket, out of its tub, had rolled it all around the stable so EVERYTHING was coated in orange sticky goo. His rug, his stable chaps, water bucket, bedding, his legs/neck...even his HOOVES were orange :mecry: It literally took me and hour and a half to clear everything up.

I managed to salvage the remaining block and ive put it in a bucket and hidden it away in the feed room :laugh: Im in 2 minds whether to let him finish it up tonight. Im reluctant to throw it away because it cost me £15 but im not sure I can cope with the orange mess again tomorrow morning :laugh:

Aww Milo :laugh:

Blue is banned from having a horselyx lick as he demolishes them in about 3 nights and covers everything in molasses!

I actually think people who jump are braver than dressage!! The thought of going around a jumping course would terrify me, but a nice 5 minute dressage test is much less stressful :)

Milo :wub: The horse next to us has them and he paints the white walls too :laugh: Do we not have a pic of the sight from this morning :D

Well done Gooster :flowers: Still think its quite harsh docking you points, friendly advice on your test sheet would have done surely :unsure:

His lordship was more than chuffed to go out this morning. Coupled with the fact that he's been in all weekend and they moved fields today, he was very excited!! He bounced all the way down to the field and as soon as I unclipped him he took off across the field. After he'd finished having a look around, he came back to the gate in the most stunning extended trot ive ever seen :laugh: I think hes feeling better :laugh:

Seems as though progress is being made with poorly horses. Good news. I'm in the show jumping corner, a dressage test would give me the colly wobbles. Talking of which the next clear round jumping is on 4th December, I shall have Max again. And his bridle!:biggrin:

I went to Wembley Arena on Sunday and saw the Spanish Riding School, it was incredible. The show opened with displays from two Team GB medal winning riders, Carl Hester and paralympic gold medal winner Lee Pearson CBE both were fantastic and I found it very emotional. We had an horrendous journey there and back but it was worth every minute sat in the car going no-where.

So it's back to the drawing board with my lessons.:wacko:

Hoping that Loki is feeling better :)

Enjoy your lesson and clear round Jeanne :flowers:

Glad Milo is feeling better :)

Got my test sheet through for p12 today. Am over the moon with it. We got mostly 7s, just the canter that let us down (and my saluting error :rolleyes: ). Found out today though that is was a listed judge that was judging, hence the harsh penalty for saluting with whip :) Am taking my sheets to my lesson tomorrow, and I know that my instructor will be really pleased with the progress we have made.

Well done Gooster :biggrin:

Enjoy your jumping Sunday Jeanne, look forward to pics of Max and of course the famous bridle :flowers:

Not really sure how Loki is doing at the moment, I do think he is breathing much deeper now but everything else schooling wise seems to have fallen apart :rolleyes: Thinking he might be a bit sore I gave him a couple of days off but he was worse this morning so in hindsight think I should have just pressed on. He feels fine and lively but a bit stroppy, planned to jump him tomororw so might just do some grids and get him using himself without him thinking about it. Have a lesson next weekend so sure that will get us back on the right track.

How is Milo doing?

Well done Gooster :biggrin:

Enjoy your jumping Sunday Jeanne, look forward to pics of Max and of course the famous bridle :flowers:

Not really sure how Loki is doing at the moment, I do think he is breathing much deeper now but everything else schooling wise seems to have fallen apart :rolleyes: Thinking he might be a bit sore I gave him a couple of days off but he was worse this morning so in hindsight think I should have just pressed on. He feels fine and lively but a bit stroppy, planned to jump him tomororw so might just do some grids and get him using himself without him thinking about it. Have a lesson next weekend so sure that will get us back on the right track.

How is Milo doing?

He might just be feeling full of himself now after being a bit down for a few months....Im sure he will settle with a bit of work...

One week down, 3 to go :laugh:

The horses were so naughty this morning. Milo piaffed down to the field this morning with his tail stuck up in the air like a stallion. When I got down to the field, one of his field mates was tearing round the field and ran straight through a section of fencing, the owner stood watching in disbelief. He'd set off all the horses in the neighboring fields, it was bedlam. We stood and watched for half an hour until it had all calmed down....I havnt had any calls yet so am hoping its all ok!

Thats what im hoping Grace, I haven't been well so he really hasn't had much consistant work for a couple of weeks, which never goes down well with him :flowers: I find it so hard not to worry and back off with him, must stop wrapping him in cottonwool :laugh:

Ah yes the funny season seems to have arrived, a bit colder and windy its just too much for a horse to cope with. We've had quite a few come in minus shoes the last week :rolleyes:

Hope the next three weeks fly by for you :flowers: Is your follow up appointment before or after Christmas?