UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

The Horse Update / Pic Thread

Clare

Went to see the colt, he is very good looking but so neglected. He would take a fair bit to sort him out manners wise and he's been on his own for 6 months, this does tend to screw their heads up. Going to see the fell next sunday but have also found a 14.1 dales, grossly overweight but nice enough!

Decisions decisons! :biggrin:

Ooh I like Dales, he sounds interesting :flowers:

I'm having trouble at our yard with YM, for my sanity I need to move but know Loki is so settled there and moving last time caused so many problems and he never settled, but not sure how much more I can take :mecry: I have seen it before with other liveries and they always end up forced out, bar one I am the longest serving livery at 2 yrs :unsure: Normally I let it all go over my head but there are other stresses in my life at the moment and I am not strong enough, I just want to get away from it all at the stable not to be constantly picked at for stupid things such as being accused of being frivilous (sp) because I used two kettles of water to steam one section of hay :rolleyes:

How is Milo doing CP?

Is it the Yard Owner or the Manager... if you are moving anyway I think Id make a complaint the Owner myself...times are hard money is tight...one less horse means less money ....

Ooh I like Dales, he sounds interesting :flowers:

I'm having trouble at our yard with YM, for my sanity I need to move but know Loki is so settled there and moving last time caused so many problems and he never settled, but not sure how much more I can take :mecry: I have seen it before with other liveries and they always end up forced out, bar one I am the longest serving livery at 2 yrs :unsure: Normally I let it all go over my head but there are other stresses in my life at the moment and I am not strong enough, I just want to get away from it all at the stable not to be constantly picked at for stupid things such as being accused of being frivilous (sp) because I used two kettles of water to steam one section of hay :rolleyes:

How is Milo doing CP?

The vet was due for nerve blocking tomorrow but they rang yesterday to say they'd done the timetables wrong so would I mind moving to next Wednesday! I gave them a bit of a rollocking which is unlike me but I can't wait that long. I'm now booked for Monday morning but they promised that if a slot appeared before then they'd let me know. He seems fine - thinks he's been retired :laugh:

Come to Wheatlands Clare, everyone's lovely :D

Its the yard manager, but she rents the whole yard from the owners so they won't be worried, they don't want anything to do with the yard really as long as they get their money.

I don't blame you for being mad CP, another week is just not on! Hope something comes up before Monday.

I would seriously consider that but he is not good enough on the road to be able to hack from there :mellow:

That is the only down side I would say. But, when I was weighing up the pros and cons, the amazing facilities, huge stables, brilliant organised grazing, hay included in the price so you can use as much as you like, lovely people....they all outweighed the lack of hacking.

I guess as I know Milo is fine on the roads that doesnt bother me so much but I can understand how it would be an issue for Loki. Luckily the road we're on is very quiet so rarely meet any traffic but there arent any routes you can do without doing some kind of road work - bar boxing up and going to Bramshill. On the plus side, there is always someone to go out with - ive invited myself out with loads of people :rolleyes: :laugh:

I can honestly say I have not come across one person so far that anyone has a problem with, in fact quite the opposite. Everyone is super friendly and helpful and Nicola and her mum are always on hand for any questions and were constantly asking me if I was OK in my first few weeks :laugh: Nicola is just brilliant - very diplomatic and always willing to stop for a chat and has asked me to keep her up to date with Milo's situation. I am so pleased I moved - despite not actually having done anything since I arrived because Milo has been broken :rolleyes:

Sorry to hear Billy is moving, glad you had a nice last lesson together :flowers:

We had a jumping morning today, allbeit in a dressage saddle :laugh:

Was sooo much happier with him today than last time we jumped, he really seemed to have his spring back, actually preferred jumping in my dressage saddle than my GP and think he did too, so that reassured me I am doing the right thing getting rid of my GP and getting a jumping saddle.

A few pics

Pinged through the grid, gaining a bit too much speed as we went :laugh:

Upright.jpg

Trying to do as much scary skinny practise as possible as think that will the one thing xc at BE that we haven't really come across and that might pose a problem for us.

Bit scary the first time

Barrel1.jpg

Confidence growing, but still keeping an eye on it :laugh:

Barrel.jpg

Teehee Loki looks like he's having great fun :) any luck selling your GP?

Milo is getting clipped again tomorrow, he has grown his hair back again already! Horrid hairy cob :laugh:

Havnt heard anything from the vet so assuming they're coming Monday morning. Please keep everything crossed that it is his hocks and we don't have to enter into months of investigation...

No :rolleyes: going to get it back from tack shop tomorrow and take some pics and maybe try Ebay and HorseQuest. I know its not a great time to sell and can't expect to sell it quickly but so frustrated knowing as soon as I sell it I can get my jumping saddle!

Im clipping again tomorrow, third time this winter!

Keeping everything crossed for Monday. Will they start treatment straight away if the tests confirm its his hocks?