UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

The Horse Update / Pic Thread

Clare

Sounds like Milo was excellent.:biggrin:

Well I've done the clear round jumping. My biggest worry was remembering the course but it was very informal and my instructors were there to shout directions if needed. The first round was a bit slow and ploddy but the second round was much better, both of us knew what we were doing by then. I have two rosettes to show for it too! OH took some photos but the school was too dark for any action shots and for some reason OH likes to cut off the horses legs in the shot.

006.jpg

011.jpg

017.jpg

One of my rosettes LOL.

Looking forward to the next one in December now.:biggrin:

Agreed with both (well done and bridle) :laugh:

I took Mr M for a hack with my friend earlier, she wanted to have a canter up the last hill so I told her to go ahead and id catch up in trot. Well I managed to keep him in trot most of the time but he did break into canter twice before I could pull him up and he still feels wrong :cry: I will pop him into canter in the school tomorrow morning and if its the same as it was 2 weeks ago I will be calling the vet out :(

I'm sorry to hear that Milo still isn't right, let's hope the vet can help him this afternoon.

Yantan my photos have been edited to remove the ones of me slouching! That is my worst fault. My posture on and off the horse is very bad and I tend to cave in. I'm hoping riding will help me to improve my posture but it is so hard to remember 24 hours a day.:wacko:

Sorry to hear Milo is still not right, hope the vet can get to the bottom of it today :flowers:

Agree with Yantan from a fellow serial sloucher!

Well done Jeanne :biggrin: Max is such a handsome boy, and loving Billy he shares Loki sence of mud art :laugh:

Took Loki over to my dressage lady on Saturday, and was so so nervous as it wasn't me riding him but a lovely friend who is a capable rider but has had some horrible experiences with her horse who she has since sold, but has lost all her confidence. It took a lot for her to agree to the lesson and I felt a huge responsibility that she was riding Loki. I need not of worried he took such good care of her and there were lots of big smile and laughter, love my boy :wub:

Vet is out tomorrow morning so hoping i'm being paranoid and there isn't a problem :rolleyes:

I am loving the pics! :wub:

My friends oldie mare had colic again yesterday ... this time it was spasmodic, thankfully she seems ok today!..... an emergency late nite dash with flasks/coffee/cake/duvets/hot water bottles to thaw out her rather cold mum took place, this morning the poor girlie seems much better :wub:

Hope your friend's horse is over her colic today :flowers:

I know it can't be helped but you have more patience than me CP I hate all the waiting. Though thankfully I had the opposite today as vet was supposed to be coming out on Wednesday but its changed to tomorrow, I can cope with that :laugh:

Horses do love to puzzle us, everything crossed the vet can shed some light onto what is bothering him and sort it out :flowers:

Well my vet visit was a bit frustrating. Of course Loki has coughed every time he has been exercised for weeks until today when he decided he didn't want to cough for the vet :rolleyes: he also decided to keep the nasal discharge to himself too. So not a lot for poor vet to go on :wacko:

He did agree that his breathing after exercise is very shallow and rapid but was very happy with how he recovered and overall thought he was heading in the right direction.

So he is going to drop off on Thursday some kind of pick-me-up rememdy involving algae (sp?)that is very good, he also said he wanted to put him on it when all this started back in the spring :rolleyes:

So I think its good news, but I would have felt better if he has seen the symptons I have been seeing :unsure:

Fingers crossed the algae supplement helps :flowers:

Hope the vets get to the bottom of what's troubling milo tomorrow :flowers:

Blue has been cheeky this week. On Sunday I had to work, so mum and dad phoned me when I was on my way home to say they had done blue for me. Anyway, dad went to get him in from the field and tried to put his headcollar on over the gate. Blue doesn't like you doing that, so kept walking backwards. Dad gave up and opened the gate to let him through, then Blue decided to run up to the top of the other field :laugh: Dad then had to walk up the hill to get him :laugh: