UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

The Horse Update / Pic Thread

Clare

Have fun Jeanne :)

Been watching some of the Carl Hester programmes on horse and country. I would love a lesson with him on blue, or even one of his horses. Wonder if he would notice if I took Blue on holiday for him to school him? He's only 14.1 so wouldn't take up too much room! Would love blue to be able to piaffe just from a click of the tongue!! Having said that, we had a nice lesson tonight, managed 3 circuits of the school and a circle in canter without him breaking back to trot :)

Got a pic of him in his bling, not brilliant, but you can see sparkles

731e53c4.jpg

adcc66f5.jpg

Loving Blue's bling :biggrin: he doesn't look too impressed though :laugh:

Enjoy your jumping Jeanne, look forward hearing how it goes :flowers:

Had fun jumping today :biggrin: Loki was fab I was horrible, couldn't see a stride if you'd offered me a million pounds :rolleyes: Poor boy I buried him under most of them and was back to the overfolding tipping forward, but i'm determind to improve this before next season, and Im not making excuses but this saddle tipped me forward terribly on the flat and now I have my lovely dressage saddle it doesn't happen any where near as badly so hoping that when I find a jumping saddle its going to help me improve.

Some pics, I think Loki enjoyed himself :wub:

Snapshot 3 (22-10-2011 19-11).jpg

P1010571.JPG

P1010606.JPG

Wowee, GO LOKI!!! :D (and well done to Clare for hanging on :laugh:)

Monday cant come quick enough, I desperately want to get back on track again. The riding club are holding a SJ clinic at my place on Sunday, id love to do it but I dont think its fair, even if he is OK. I havnt jumped him in over 3 weeks because hes not been 'right' so think it would blow his brains to do a clinic.

Itching to have a good old blast round though - Clare's just making me jealous :laugh:

He looks like he's having a great time!! He's certainly giving that first jump some air though!!

Blue was unimpressed last night as I had to tear him away from his haynet to take the pics and have my lesson :rolleyes: :laugh: As he had been out all day, his daytime haynet was still full, so he was happily munching away when I got to the farm! Might have to ask the YO to take his net out on a Friday as he is always in a right grump when I tack him up and take him away from his net!

Hey everyone been offline for a while at home (silly BT) but back again thankfully.

Things have been a bit haphazard since I last posted what with instructor breaking her ankle, chopping and changing horses as Magic had girth rash :( Confidence dropped a bit and we weren’t really enjoying lessons that much but we persevered.

Magic was back to work last week though a fella was trying him yesterday in the hunt with a view to buying him :angry:

We went up to watch, Magic seemed really keen though the guy quit half way round and took him back to the yard. He said he was good but very strong and I think he was expecting something about 15hh. Surely if you liked a horse that much you'd do the whole hunt :unsure:

Don’t want to get my hopes up but I am really hoping he doesn’t buy him.

I did shed a few tears when I was leaving him after our lesson on Friday and yes I know you shouldn’t get attached to a riding school horse but I LOVE him :wub:

I am pages and pages and pages behind so will try to read back and catch up but hope everyone is doing ok and babies are all well :flowers:

Wow doesn't Loki look impressive over the jumps, what a HUGE jump in the 2nd pic.:biggrin:

I hope Magic isn't sold and you can still ride him EAD.

Hope everyone elses horses/ponies are well.

I believe I will be riding Max a black Fell/Dale type pony for the jumping, he's only ickle but jumps nicely. I'll try to get some photos next time I'm having a lesson.:flowers:

Today I sold my driving pony, he was not the one for me. He was a trotter and they are a breed apart, hard as nails and like to work, work work and I just did not want to feel I had to drive every day possible. There was a local chap who had been after him for a week or so and today I let him have a drive, bloody hell can that pony shift his little butt when driven by a person of a certain origin who dive that sort of horses. He went past the end of the road in pace and must have been doing 25mph, he was flying! What really surprised me was just how comfortable Donny was with this guy and went so well for him. The chap really really wanted him, he even made an offer for his rug as Don is chaser cliped so obviously he knew he needs it so I let him have him.

I think it would have been a long, long road to change him from a flying trotter to a carriage pony. I don't have that sort of time and I certainly do not want change to driving at that sort of pace! If I fall over a suitable pony I wil go for it but I'm not going to actively look at this time of year. I'm going to have a go at agility with Banner and see if Lilli, her special needs daughter will join in a bit! :biggrin:

Wohoo flying Loki....look at him go.... you might find putting your stirrups up a hole might help a bit just for the jumping...

I hope Magic isnt sold.... I have found even the quietest pony can become a demon out hunting...and if he wanted him for hunting he might leave it.....fingers crossed...

Looking forward to seeing Banners agility pics...cant wait...just too cute....:)

Blue looks lovely in his new bling if a little cross from being parted from his haynet....

Hope everyone had a great weekend.....

Fingers crossed Magic is not sold, doesn't sound like the guy liked him if he came back early, so hopefully thats a good sign :flowers:

Sounds like you found a suitable home for Donny :wub: Sometimes it just doesn't work better to decide now then when you motoring down the road faster than you want :laugh:

Hope the chiro visit goes well and you find out whats bothering him, these cobby types seem so fragile :wub:

I was looking at the pics thinking the same Grace, though I don't have any kneeroll left if they go up anymore. I have taken the saddle to be sold and next time I am going to try jumping in my dressage saddle because I don't think it can feel (or look!) any worse :D Slightly worried he might jump me straight off but at least it will teach me not to through myself forward :laugh:

We have an answer! Its a slightly sprained stifle thats causing the problem.

My chiro picked it up as soon as I started trotting Milo up, and he was lame for about 4 strides after a flexion test too. He said ive done the right thing by keeping him quiet and reccomends I do another week of just walking to make sure it heals properly. He says the damage isnt bad by any means, hes not 'out' anywhere and he cant feel anything so he said its definately on the mend which is good.

Other than that he gave Milo a good look over and said he's the best he's ever been :wub: I think his words were "he actually looks like a horse now" :laugh: But seriously he said hes really really pleased with him and hes got all the correct muscles in the right places now so am happy about that.

Just to add to the equation, Milo came in from the field with a lovely bite mark on his side (despite having a rug on!) and its come up all puffy so will have to wait for that to calm down before I can ride anyway :rolleyes:

sorry ive not kept up with my friends updates. her daughter doesnt want to give up on urb, but shes had a behaviourist in, and hes even thrown her off. she wants to send him back but knows he will then just be left in the field. the lady brought his stable mate down to see if that would calm him down and stop him jumping out of the field, but he doesnt want to know him. now, barkley was in such bad condition, that hes rolled in his stable and broke his pelvis, so has gone back to be put down

my friend got herself a horse on loan. hes an ex hunter, massive. she hasnt found a saddle big enough that she can afford yet, the one she has got will do, but will look around,hes lovely