UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

The Horse Update / Pic Thread

Clare

Hello Palomino, Alfie & Candy are lovely. :)

The Wiccs horses are having a competition to see who can scare me the most at the moment.

Pops has a poorly foot and a worried Mummy! He went out for a hack on Tuesday with our old vet nurse while I had my lesson at home, he came back and was untacked no worries, but as he walked back to the field he went lame. :( We couldn't see anything obvious in his foot.

Worried Mummy called the vet and farrier immediately and the vet came out first thing on Wednesday. They couldn't see anything obvious either. Pops did rather like the attentions of the nice young lady vet though. Tara was most put out that he was getting garlic lick and she wasn't. She breathed heavily in my ear whilst keeping an eye on the proceedings and what Hilda the vet was up too..... "you are an awfully young vet - are you sure you are qualified? Couldn't they have sent a male vet? I like male vets... Beside's He's putting it all on you know - so he gets extra treats!" Hilda left Pops with some bute and arranged to come back today as Jim the Farrier was coming yesterday to take Pops' shoe off, in case he'd got an abcess under it and have a good look around.

Jim got his shoe off and couldn't see anything abcess like, but he did see a smidge of bruising. Pops foot also felt a bit warm round his heel, so Jim thinks he's either stepped on a sharp stone and bruised himself, and/or he has navicular(?). Worried Mummy burst into tears. I know, I know....

Tara obviously now believes Pops has a hurty hoof as she is being nice to him(!) even in front of people, and she is guarding him and protecting - from what I have no idea, but she chased off a very scarey pheasant that was sneaking up on him yesterday, and planted herself in front of him and snorted in a 'clear off' kinda way when one of the cats walked towards him!

While Jim was here I got him to check out Little Milly's hooves as worried Mummy now in complete panic mode on Lame Tuesday had decided her frogs were falling off, and didn't like the look of them. Jim told me she was shedding her frogs as she was changing her coat and it was ok, but very scarey if you'd not seen it before. Worried Mummy burst into tears again and Jim had to give me a big hug! What a twit! Jim tidied her up and said he'd much rather people get him out and it be nothing to worry about, then people who leave things and then he has to say "why didn't you call me or the vet before?"

Pops personal physician phoned twice yesterday to see how he was doing - I think Hilda has a soft spot for the old man. She is supposed to be on small animals today, and it was going to be one of the other vets coming to see him, but she's phoned and left a message to say that she is sneaking out at the end of consulting to come and see Pops herself! Awwwwwww.

Please send Pops hurty hoof get well thoughts, Little Milly some cuddles, Mummy some prozac and Tara a food parcel for all the extra work she is having to do!

Oh Pops lovey, have loads of get well hurty hoof thoughts, I hope Lady T is looking after you properly. Cyber hugs for Little Milly and a huge cyber carrot for Lady T.

My little Jack dog has some Prozac, well doggie version and he says would you like some 'cos he says it works really well for him. :biggrin:

Mony was so impressed with Pop's play dead joke he thought he'd do it too! Made his Aunty nearly have a heart attack!

Photo-0119.jpg

It must be catching!

Mony! :ohno02: :laughingsmiley: You tease!

The Old Fraud more commonly known as Pops is looking better. He is moving much better now, so fingers crossed he is just a big girls blouse and only had a bruise toe!

Although it hasn't slipped our notice that when he thinks his medicine is on the horizon, and in his special medicine treat food, he has been known to pop in an 'oh I have a poorly hoof' and wave it at me! Hmmmmmmmmmmmm.

Tara's mission this week is to work out how to get her hoofs on the entire tub of garlic HorsLyx, and not have to share any of it with anyone.

She is muchly looking forward to Auntie Reds visit this week, when she can be spoilt as a lady of her status should be!

Sarah the ground is soo hard at the mo, try not to worry too much. Easta is hobbling around she was so bad I thought she had laminitis but its just bruised soles.

Anyone remember the little filly I introduced in November?

DSC02885.jpg

Well we went to see her again today and this time remembered my camera.... :wub: :wub:

IMG_1275.jpg

IMG_1273.jpg

And she decided to do the dead impression as well!!

IMG_1241.jpg

I also took some photos of Eb who I am planning to steal once she gets past the ugly yearling phase :wink:

IMG_1262.jpg

IMG_1260.jpg

Gorgeous pics Sarah :wub: :wub:

Well, it was our first show of the season yesterday, 6.30 start to get everything done in time for his first class at 9am!! First was hunter in hand, followed straight after by ridden hunter pony.

He behaved really well in the inhand class, but because he has a few kick marks and scars at the moment, we only came 6th out of 7. I am also taking part responsibility as my plaiting was a bit ropey!!! We then got straight out of the ring threw his saddle on and were straight back in the ring for the ridden class. He was a little sod to put it mildly. I don't think the fact that it was windy, he hadn't been worked in, and the fact that the ground was really deep going helped. At first he refused to canter in the group, and then once we got into canter he wouldn't stop. :rolleyes: He was a nappy little sod and during his show, he was chucking his head around and not looking where he was going and nearly mowed the judge over when we were crossing the diagonal :laugh: Needless to say we came last. We are out again next week, and am going to see if I can get my hands on a pelham to give me a bit more control and breaks!!!!

Lovely pics Sarah, I think I would be tempted to steal Eb too :wub:

Well done Gooster sounds like you had plenty against you, onward and upward next weekend :)

Good luck with the dressage PW - don't forget to enlist a photographer :biggrin:

I had a great time at the hunter trials, after having slight panic attack on the Sunday when going to walk the course found it signposted by official yellow AA signs, which in my mind made it far to offical for me to be doing :rolleyes: and then not being able to park with the number of people there walking the course, I nearly drove straight back home :laugh:

But we went and my little star was great, he went clear and we even managed to keep a nice (all be it slow) canter pace around the timed section. It was scored on 420m per minute and I have no idea how fast that is, but to be honest it wasn't really a consideration I just wanted not to get eliminated :laugh:

The most trouble I had was his spooking inbetween fences, made the approaches to some fences interesting :wacko: Sadly no ditches on this course so couldn't lay that ghost to rest.

Scores were ages going up so left before I saw them, but a friend phoned later to say we had finished 6th out of 37 :biggrin: Looking forward to seeing the scores online and seeing how far off the pace we were.

Anyway didn't get many general pics but was really happy with the pro photo :wub:

Warming up

Wellington%20xc.JPG

Over the second fence - I think my position is a tiny bit better, still a long way to go!

muchos.JPG

Babies :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub:

Foalies are norty and incredibly cheeky in my minimal experience!!!

BRILLIANT Clare, you must be incredibly proud of yourselves :partytime: :partytime:

The horses went into the Summer field this week so have been extra tired after all that hard eating work they've simply got to do. I went to the farm this afternoon to muck out the Winter field as they're back in there at nighttime at the mo. and lo and behold there they both are laying down at the bottom of the field - It's A Pandemic!!!!! There was some revenge on the equines though as Jack was practising his flat, out of sight, down stay and both horses came rushing up and stared intently at the motionless dog :laugh:

Good luck for the weekend Pendlewitch, success is in the air - you might catch it! :wink:

See you Friday Lady T.

PS. Duke and I didn't normally make the optimal time - going ever so slightly too fast, my job in the partnership was just to stay on and not fall off in an exhausted heap! :rolleyes:

Looking forward to your results list this year!!!

Edited by reds

Yay well doner ClaRE and Loki. Looksl ike you had a wonderful time.

Easta was scanned today and is off to stud tomorrow so hopefully watch this space in 11 months time for our new arrival.

:rolleyes: Which apparently has to be called Floss E Gold Kitten..... :unsure: :rolleyes: :laugh:

Well Sarah H it's certainly an unusual name :unsure: :laugh: What if he's a boy though? :laugh:

I was lucky enough to visit the Wiccs horses today and Sarah Wiccs deserves a very big thumbs up for the lesson with her instructor. You've come on so much S in your confidence and Lady T was working really nicely for her Mum (and Lady T isn't one to work for nought!) :wub: :wub:

I was lucky enough to visit the Wiccs horses today and Sarah Wiccs deserves a very big thumbs up for the lesson with her instructor. You've come on so much S in your confidence and Lady T was working really nicely for her Mum (and Lady T isn't one to work for nought!) :wub: :wub:

:) Thank you for coming over to have a laugh watch. Thank you for sniggering discretely. :wink:

Lady T is still smarting from the 'I see you haven't had the foal yet Tara' comment, but she forgives you and sends garlic kisses.

And Lady T read that as working for a Do-nought, which of course, she is MORE than happy to do. :wink:

If you could just stop by the bakers on your next visit, she says that would be lovely.

Little Millie MONSTER says sorry Auntie Lindsey - I really luffs my goaties.

Mummy's fat bum kept mine on the ground, that and the fact cowardy custard was on a lead rein with me - WIMP!!

But you is as light as a feather and WHOOO-HOOOO!! Rodeo time! :wacko:

Apparently I is in the bad books now and it was naughty, so why did Mummy kiss my nose last night and give a big sigh?

Pops says when he isn't his Super Hero alter-ego, The One Shoe Wonder, or Hop-a-long-Faker-Man, will you come over and ride him up the bridle path with Mummy & SHE WHO MUST BE OBEYED please?

The foalie pics are gorgeous, I am slightly obsessed with coming back and looking at them.

Fantastic pics Clare, I am more than slightly envious of folks who can actually ride and do exciting stuff. In my dreams......... oh well.

(But not mine! Never, ever in a million years, someone pass me a sandwich, she's dreaming of going over something more than a twig! Love, Lady Tara)