UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

bursitis lumps

selina

Can anyone tell me what these are and if they are treatable please.

A friend is considering taking on an elderly dog and has been told that it has these, she asked me about them and I couldnt help her but said someone on here is bound to be able to tell us a bit more. :blink:

Can anyone tell me what these are and if they are treatable please.

A friend is considering taking on an elderly dog and has been told that it has these, she asked me about them and I couldnt help her but said someone on here is bound to be able to tell us a bit more. :blink:

Its the inflamation of the fluid sacs between joints,

Anti inflamatories will keep it settled but there can be some discomfort.

Its one of those conditions that you have to judge it on the animal and how that animal deals with it.

With something like arththritus you would for example keep the animal moving but with an inflamation that might not be the best option.I would ask for the vets name and phone number so your friend can confirm what the prognosis is and if it will effect the quality of life.It may be that steroids may keep the condition at bay and being an elderly dog the steroids are not going to make a great deal of difference to the life span.

Perhaps where ever the dog is coming from would consider splitting the cost as at the end of the day the dog will have a home.

Its the inflamation of the fluid sacs between joints,

Anti inflamatories will keep it settled but there can be some discomfort.

Its one of those conditions that you have to judge it on the animal and how that animal deals with it.

With something like arththritus you would for example keep the animal moving but with an inflamation that might not be the best option.I would ask for the vets name and phone number so your friend can confirm what the prognosis is and if it will effect the quality of life.It may be that steroids may keep the condition at bay and being an elderly dog the steroids are not going to make a great deal of difference to the life span.

Perhaps where ever the dog is coming from would consider splitting the cost as at the end of the day the dog will have a home.

Thanks thats really helpful, the current home has offered to help with vet costs. :)