UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

A Few Spare Thought For My Dismal Dog

Dizzycharm

Oh, my poor girl Dizzy (affectionately known as Dismal).

About 1 - 2 months ago, we found a large lump on Dizzy's side. Took her to the vets and were given antibiotics. Within 2 days, the lump went down.

Any way, 2 weeks ago, the lump started to grow again. Back to the vets and saw different person this time, and were told that she shouldn't have had antibiotocs because they don't get rid of abcesses and they come back. So were told to leave it alone and wait for it to present itself properly, so that it could be lanced and cleaned.

On Friday I thought that it looked about the right time. So Monday I call vets and they booked an appointment for today.

When we came downstairs, we found that it had burst - poor baby, she never made a sound. I am a bit p****ed off that my girl had to suffer all this time, when it should have been lanced in the first place.

Anyhow, glad she finally feels better. She still went to the vets today, and it was cleaned etc.

Here is a pic of poor Dizzy (don't look if you are a bit sensitive about these things).

Pics015.jpg

Close up

Pics016.jpg

Needless to say that she will be sleeping with me tonight :wub:

Edited by kirisox

Poor girlie, though I am sure she feels better even though it is sore and looks horrid.

I had a cat whose abscess exploded the evening before we were due to go to the vet. He was asleep at the time and didn't even wake up until I began to clean it.

• 2 weeks later...

The wound has healed extremely well and the skin has almost totally closed together. Dizzy is also back to her normal noisy self, and lunatic of racing games in the fields.

The only thing left now, is for the hair to grow back (I expect its a bit drafty at the moment :biggrin: ).

Girlies015.jpg

Its almost completely healed now.

Girlies014.jpg

A bit closer

Thank you to all that sent healing thoughts, I'm sure thats why the wound has healed so fast and cleanly :flowers: