UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Very Sick Dog

EGAR

Poor boy I hope he is feeling better,

I had a white boxer who had something very similar when he was 10 months old,

he had swellings, red patches and was generally unwell. Our vet said it was some

kind of allergic reaction, but he hadn't been anywhere that day and had no visable

sting marks. The only thing he had different to eat from his normal food was a

sausage. We made sure he never ate another sausage and he never suffered from

it again. I don't really think the sausage was to blame neither did the vet but you

never know.

Give him big hugs from us

Jenny

HI guys,

thank you ever so much for all your help and PM's etc. As Becks said, I have been offline until today so I couldn't reply. Bogey has recovered well but is still red around the eyes and nose. He is eating better and got some of his old spunk back. The bruises disappeared literally over night :unsure: and his belly is back to its natural colour again. The swelling have all gone too, he still sleep alot but is altogether better.

:flowers: :GroupHug:

Vet is still puzzled and things delayed allergic reaction....

Sarah

That's what I don't know, Muriel, I have been thinking about it til I was blue in the face. I have changed neither food nor cleaners/washing powder etc. He's not been vacc'd and I abhor chemical flea treatment. Unless the factory changed something in the food, I am at loss. He is also always with me outside as he is dog aggressive and needs watching all the time...

Sarah

Poor boy that looks really horrible, can i just mention tho' that a dog can become allergic to previously ok substances, so even tho' you haven't changed anything in his enviroment he can get a reaction quite suddenly, hope he's made s full recovery :flowers:

• 4 weeks later...

I wanted to thank you for all your well wishes and help with Reiki, positive thoughts and information. :flowers: :flowers: :flowers:

It took a while and although I still don't know what has caused this weird outbreak, Bogey is finally back to his usual bouncy self!!

THANK YOU ALL!

Sarah