UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Very Sick Dog

EGAR

He was very ill when Becks was here and seemed to have recovered from the diarrhoe and belly ache he had back then but he never fully became himself again. A few days ago I noticed that he wasn't himself when it came to eating his food. The same night he started to retch but nothing came up. The next morning his whole body was covered in bumps which were neither red nor pimply. His legs and head also seem to have swelled a little. That was yesterday. Today I made an appointment with my vet for a full blood screen etc. His temp/heart rate is normal, his feces and urine are normal. BUT he is covered with bruises on his belly and his face is very red around the mouth, nose and eyes.

He eats his chicken and rice but rather slowly and without the usual enthusiasm.

I have to wait now for the results of the blood tests...

Bogey's head last night:

p726852.jpg

His belly today:

p726850.jpg

Has anyone seen anything like this before??

Any help (Reiki) is much appreciated. :flowers:

Oh dear, that looks sore, poor boy :( Will send him Reiki :flowers:

Looks/sounds as though it could be an allergic reaction to something? I remember someone telling me their dog's head had swelled rather alarmingly after a vaccination - I don't even know if your dog has been vaccinated recently, so this is just an account of another experience.

Do you have any/many homeopathic vets in Ireland? That would be the avenue I would take I think, but I'm not sure how "available" they are where you're based.

I have ended up with an all over body rash a number of times in the past, though thankfully my head didn't swell up :huh: Doctors never managed to work out what had caused it and had differing opinions, but it hung around for a couple of weeks each time, drove me to tears and distraction, resulted in lots of soothing baths and then went away. Didn't know much about homeopathy back then, or I'd have pursued it for myself.

My vets told me that for any skin problems the best thing for dogs to lie on is vetbed as it wont irritate the already sore skin. I dont know if it'll help Bogey but may be worth a try. Can he have Piriton if its an allergic reaction? Hope he improves soon.

just remembered if you wash his bedding use non bio powder as ordinary powder can irritate.

Edited by collies r best

Good grief! SEcond Ange's advice about possible vaccine/ flea treatment/ whatever reaction and if you can see a Homeopathic Vet that's the best you could do for him.

Masses of Reiki on the way, hope you get some answers and it's better soon.

Thank you for the Reiki :) . As he is my private dogs and 5 years old he has not been vacc'd now at all. I only keep the boosters up with the rescues as I have to do that but it's different for my private dogs. The only flea treatment Bogs ever got was a flea comb... I don't believ in chemical attacks...

Sarah :flowers:

I'd been wondering how he was, is that rash any better yet?

Reiki still going out to him.

A thought - if the rash is still there, perhaps nettles would help - either 1/2 teaspoon dried or a few fresh leaves in a mug, pour boiling water on, leave to cool, remove leaves and drink, can help allergies. Sudocrem can sometimes help too.

Can't see the pics but could it be urticaria (hives) It can cause the head to swell up, lumps over the body & in some cases patches under the skin (caused by leakage from blood vessels I think). It's an allergic reaction & piriton can be used to treat it but sometimes steroids are needed. I'm absolutely no expert but might be worth asking about :unsure:

Urticaria and angioedema (swelling of the face)

(It rang a bell because my Dad had the human version of it a while ago & it was quite distressing but did clear up - might be something else entirely though :rolleyes: )

Hope you find out what it is & he's feeling much better soon :GroupHug: :flowers:

Edited by mooandboo

UPDATE

Have just spoken to Sarah,

Bogey is doing much better, he is eating and the bruises on his belly have all gone. He is still very red around the eyes and ears but he is alot better than he was. The blood results came back all clear with just a couple of enzymes being out but the vet said nothing that would cause the symptons he had.

Please continue to send healing thoughts his way Sarah really does appriecate them

:flowers: :flowers:

becks