UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Homeopathic Remedies.

tracey.s

Hi. I asked that member and she offered this link as advice:

http://myweb.tiscali.co.uk/k9health/wwwchc/EFT.html (this points to a specific page on the Canine Health Concern website) - if you email Catherine she is extremely helpful (and lovely), and can explain EFT and other alternative therapies - she also does phone consultations in EFT.

Thanks very much guys. I haven't been around for a while so apologies for the delay in responding. Things are really grim here at the moment. His medication was changed to metacam and he has reacted to that as well. The homeopathic vet and the hydrotherapy haven't been back in touch despite several more messages. :( He has been really unwell. We were back at the vets yesterday and they have given him some steroids to try but, we're about at the end of the road now. We're going for a quality of life scenario now as he is just reacting to all the painkillers :mecry: I took him down by the river yesterday for his first off lead run for 5 months. He loved it. He had a swim in the river and was caked in mud but, it's the happiest i've seen him for months :mecry: He's limping today though.

The dogs were booked into kennels as we are on holiday with our caravan at the end of this month but, Ice is coming with us. We've never taken him to the beach before and i think he would love it. All dogs should visit the beach :wub:

Hopefully the steroids will give him a bit of relief and after that there was one more form of painkiller to try. If these don't work he won't be with us much longer. It's just too horrible to think about :mecry: He's not tolerating maisie much either at the moment so, i'm having to keep them all pretty much seperated at the moment. Flounder the foster pup doesn't bother him much at all but maisie is like a bullett. Everything has to be done at 100 miles an hour and i think she puts him on edge. He doesn't like her going near him now. He gets up and walks away from her. We've had 2 incidents which were a bit hairy with Ice telling her in no uncertain terms to go away. One made contact.

It's just not him. He's so laid back ususally but, given the fact he's in pain the last thing he wants is a young pup bouncing on him.

So, we're trying to cram as much good stuff in as we possible can. I can't cure him or make it beter for him bu,t i can make damn sure the time we have left with him will be the best ever.

Thanks again :flowers:

Lily isn't able to take most medication, but I've just started giving her codeine on an occasional basis if she hurts more than usual. Our vet has also said that there is an opiate which can be given via a patch, but I think this would be the very last resort.

Hope you can help Ice feel a bit more comfortable. :GroupHug:

Sorry the homeopathic vet hasn't called back, I'd try another one. Rimadyl, Metacam etc can cause them to get bad-tempered because they feel lousy on them. Hate to say it, but steroids can too, just hope they don't. Have you thought about trying Synflex or any of the other stuff instead of the drugs? Or are you happier with them?

Loads of Reiki on the way. How about a local Reiki person? Bet he'd love it hands-on too. :wink:

Sorry the homeopathic vet hasn't called back, I'd try another one. Rimadyl, Metacam etc can cause them to get bad-tempered because they feel lousy on them. Hate to say it, but steroids can too, just hope they don't. Have you thought about trying Synflex or any of the other stuff instead of the drugs? Or are you happier with them?

Loads of Reiki on the way. How about a local Reiki person? Bet he'd love it hands-on too. :wink:

I have got some synflex for him. He started the steroids yesterday and had been off the metacam for about 3 days before he started the steroids. Am still trying to get hold of a magnetic collar big enough for him. He enjoyed the river so we can use that instead of hydrotherapy. I'm sure he'd love hands on reiki. Any volunteers in the york area? Coffee and chocolate cake can be arranged :wink:

• 3 weeks later...

I have the same problem with Shadow my GSD. Shes on rymadyl, but starting the injections next week. Im going to look at the bioflow collars. You have mentioned magnetic collars, is it the same thing, or is Bioflow a trade name, and others are cheaper?