UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Advice Please

Kats inc

I have 6 cats but the problem is with 3 of them.It's a hierarchy thing really.

Jasmine bullies Polly and always has done but it's manageable and doesn't cause too many problems.Since Maddie arrived things have been ok,Maddie keeps herself to herself,gets on really well with Humph but just does the sniffy noses thing with the others and leaves it at that.However lately Polly seems to have realised she doesn't have to be bottom cat and that she can bully Maddie and is being a right little bitch.Jasmine has always been a bit of a bully to everyone,she was an only cat for a while and I think hers is a bit of jealousy.Polly is being horrible though,hiding,stalking,pouncing,strategic placing of herself,intimidation,really crafty.So much so that Maddie is now scared to come in the garden or in the house unless I'm here.I'm really worried as she came here to get her away from a horrible home that treated her badly and now I feel she's scared here :(

I've watched them both chase Mads out of the garden this morning and it's really upsetting me.I don't want to rehome Maddie but if it doesn't settle soon I think I'll have no choice :mecry:

I thought about flower remedies and Ange says some might be useful but I need advice on which ones might be best.I was wondering about rescue remedy just to calm everyone as I have some but don't know how much to use and whether it would be ok to use it?

Any advice or help would be very much appreciated.Mads came here as a bundle of bones and I love her to bits and would really love to be able to sort this out.

I don't know anything about the flower remedies, but have you tried a Feliway diffuser? It is like a DAP diffuser for cats, and just sort of helps chill them out a bit. We used it when we introduced Marmite to the house, and it made a noticeable difference.

Since you have it, try Rescue Remedy, can't do any harm and may well do some good . It can go in food, water, rubbed in the fur, or a couple of drops on a paw, whatever... Rubbed on top of head between ears is a good spot, but I know cats can be a little ...er... difficult :biggrin: so wherever........

Probably better than rr when you can get them would be Bach Walnut for change, and there's one called Cosmos which is for inter-species communication and better bonds - I feel could be good for this situation - that's a Californian one, not sure where you'd get it apart from IFER. Bach Star of Bethlehem is for trauma and could be helpful, especially for the new one. Also for the new scared one, Mimulus for all known fears and Rock Rose for terror could help.

Edited by Muriel

I'm pretty sure the RR on it's own has helped a lot.Mads has spent a lot more time indoors since last evening.She has even slept indoors for a short time twice today which she hasn't done for days.

She has just played kill the rug for the first time in ages :biggrin:

The evidence :laugh:

DSCF0445small.jpg

• 2 months later...