UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Ben Nevis, The Climb Pic Heavy

Laura-Anne

Well yesterday was the day, and we made it :) So proud of Totts, words can't describe. She struggled not going to lie but she done better than us haha. Everyone always has that special moment emotional or physical up there and with me it was with Totts. She worked herself so hard, she struggled climbing the rocks but done it to stick with me. Because of how much she pulled behind it took much longer than expected and the pulling behind made me struggle much more. A friend took her lead and I walked in front. She pulled forward to stay with me. Always felt shes not been that bothered by me and cares more for Muffin meant so much how much she wanted to be with me. Hasn't left my side since the climb and has even stopped jumping away from people she normally would and so far hasn't been so scared of loud noises.

Anyhoo back to Ben Nevis. It bucketed near enough the entire time. Only saw one break of sunlight and it was just before going into the clouds and at the "easiest" part lol! It took us around 7 and a half hours. With a lot of breaks!

Heres the pics I have so far will no doubt post more.

img1544l.jpg

View from the camp-site. Not even half I reckon, the rest above the cloud to the right.

img1550d.jpg

Soaked through :(

img1555b.jpg

img1568v.jpg

61567420.png

23936950.png

69427710.png

82972400.png

img1576tt.jpg

We've not been put off, we're doing the West Highland Way next year!

Toughest thing I have ever done in my life. Im in agony just now.

Not too far off my target now. Really hope to reach it.

MyJustGiving Page

Laura

x