UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Help With Ferral Cats

Hello

Posting on behalf of a work colleage who has 5 ferral cats living in the garden of the house she is sharing. One of the cats has kittens living underneath the decking. The cats are not fed as the owner of the house is scared of them. The CPL has been contacted but she was told that they no longer deal with ferral cats and cannot even offer neutering help. The RSPCA may be able to neuter free if they can be caught and taken to them, so this may be an option.

Is anyone able to help in any way with rehoming the kittens though? I will post the precise details asap.

Hello

Posting on behalf of a work colleage who has 5 ferral cats living in the garden of the house she is sharing. One of the cats has kittens living underneath the decking. The cats are not fed as the owner of the house is scared of them. The CPL has been contacted but she was told that they no longer deal with ferral cats and cannot even offer neutering help. The RSPCA may be able to neuter free if they can be caught and taken to them, so this may be an option.

Is anyone able to help in any way with rehoming the kittens though? I will post the precise details asap.

Someones told her large round ones cos funding is still available.

Phone rebbeca on 08702099099 at CPL.

You have to ask for Feral nuetering vouchers.

Your friend may have suggested unwittingly that she was caring for the cats. As long as they are a feral colony CPL will help

Thanks Lesley

Jo has typed this up for me to post on her behalf:

I live in Bartley Green, Birmingham B32.

We’ve had stray cats living in and around the garden for a while now. Last year (before I started living there), they apparently moved into the garage when the door was broken and one of them had a litter of kittens. The garage door has since been fixed, but the cats still live in the garden (or at least hang out there a lot!).

Between the three of us who live in the house, we’ve counted five adult cats. Two of them looked pretty poorly the other day and we thought they were dying, but they since seem to have picked up. They occasionally wander into the house when it’s a hot day and the back door is open. The situation got a bit worse this week when we realised that one of the cats has now had a litter of three kittens and they’re living under the decking just outside our patio doors. They’re extremely cute, but I’m sure our garden is not the best place for them!

My housemates have tried the RSPCA and Cats Protection but apparently they do not come out to collect feral cats. One of my housemates spoke to eight different people at various organisations the other day, but the message was the same from all of them –the re-homing centres are full and there was certainly no way an organisation would come out to our house to round up the cats. One suggested that we round them up, take them to a vet to get them sexed, take them back home again, release them and then phone the organisation back to let them know whether they were male or female. I’m not sure how good we would be at rounding up cats, and some look pretty scary! The mum hisses if she sees you get too close to the kittens.

We’d appreciate any advice/assistance. The housemate who owns the house is actually scared of cats, and it’s making life a bit unpleasant for her.

Thanks!

• 3 weeks later...

No-one has been able to help yet and there are now 2 sets of kittens by the same Dad, so 6 kittens in total. They are living in the garden shed and the owner of the house is freaking out a bit and bought a sonic cat deterrer. Also the neighbours have complained about the cats.

Can anyone help at all with somewhere for the kittens to go?

OK, the mums and kittens now have somewhere to go. I don't suppose there's anyone with cat catching experience in the B'ham area who could offer to help round them up ready for transporting? Transport is sorted.

Thank you!