UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Reluctant Rehome Of Rescued Cat

Hi

Rehoming from Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire.

I rescued Delta in September 2008 when he was roughly three months old. He had been horrifically treated and was in appalling condition both mentally and physically.

It didn't take long to sort out his physical problems but his mental scars took a lot more time. As time passed it became obvious that Delta was a very dominant cat - he was neutered very early in an attempt to calm him down and I decided to give him a few more months before making a decision. It is now over a year later and unfortunately I cannot get this boy to fit in properly with the other feline residents :( He is just not suited for a multicat household and is causing a lot of upset by bullying the other cats.

I suspect he is from a Siamese x Bengal litter that was around at the time, but cannot be certain - he is a BIG and powerful cat, extremely loving towards people but cannot be with other cats. He is used to my Dobermann so may be ok with another cat friendly dog.

The kind of home Delly is looking for would be one without children (he has never been around children so I will not home him to a home with them), no other cats - he doesn't mind being left to his own devices so it will be fine if his new people/person go out to work. It does need to be a home where he can go outside (once he's settled in of course) as I think one of the problems here is that the garden is fully enclosed to keep cats in - Delly has a lot of energy and a desire to explore.

He's not a fussy eater - to be honest, he's a bit of a glutton so could do with being in a home where his food can be better controlled. Delly is vaccinated and microchipped and hasn't needed any non routine veterinary treatment.

dd.jpgddd.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Delly went to his new home tonight... he now has a person all to himself and a big house all to himself... happy.gif The only other animals there are two rescued ex battery hens that looked to be in amazing condition. I'll be calling his new dad tomorrow to see how the first night went...gonna miss the big guy but it's best for everyone.