UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Princess Tara Banana

cycas

Thought you might like to meet Tara, who came down to stay with me from Liverpool yesterday. So far she has mostly ignored the cats (other than one incident when she sniffed Perl Cat too closely and Perl gave her nose a good batting) and is getting on well with the hounds. She lived with her previous owners for her entire life so she is a little bit sad and worried at the moment and wants lots of extra cuddles.

Henning cat keeping a wary eye on Tara, and Az poking his nose in:

tara6.jpg

Having a little game (for some reason my hounds don't like this ball, but visiting dogs seem to love it)

tara5.jpg

Stumpy little tail

tara4.jpg

Tripe sticks are NOM!

tara3.jpg

Not quite relaxed yet, still keeping an eye out:

tara2.jpg

Throw the ball!

tara1.jpg

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What a sweet little soul she looks to be and I'm sure in a few days she will have made herself totally at home. Many of my previous dogs have also loved a ball just like that one though I never could work out what was special about it really and I haven't seen any similar round here for a while now. Hope she continues to enjoy playing with it anyway and settles easily into the routine of your home and gets used to the cats. She looks like a real sweetie that someone is bound to fall in love with very quickly I would think.

My husband Mark has done his usual unenthusiastic review of my foster dog:

"she seems fairly well behaved, but her face is weirdly deformed and really really ugly. And those noises! It's like having a pig in the house". :rolleyes: :laugh:

Mark is a cat person... :laugh:

On this afternoon's walk we went past a golden retriever that always seems to be standing at his gate barking madly. As we came towards him Tara started walking on her toes so I thought: 'hmm, better keen an eye on this' because she's very strong if she suddenly yanks on the lead.

Obviously because I was focussing on Tara, Az seized the opportunity to become a mad whirling yelling dervish when I was least expecting it and pulled me half across the road: at which point Tara pulled a 'HELP! People are shouting!' face and scooted behind me to hide. :laugh:

Mark's latest view on Tara:

"she walks around the place going HOFF HOFF HOFF. Like Darth Vader with fleas"

Me: "she doesn't have fleas!"

Him: " She walks like she has ants in her pants".

See how much Tara needs to be adopted and taken away from Mark! :laugh: