UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Tip-top Trixie - Pretty Collie X Jrt

Fee

trixieocdoors.jpg

Trixie is the cutest, small 12 year old Collie X Jack Russell. She is in an Oldies Club foster home in Watford, Hertfordshire, waiting patiently for the offer of a permanent home.

trixieoctoy.jpg

Trixie is a very lively girl - her foster carer tells us that it’s hard to believe she’s 12 years old. Here’s more of what her foster carer has told us:

Trixie’s smart with a good temperament, loving, quick to learn and quite a character. She’s well-trained, clean and quiet in the house and doesn’t mind being left alone for 4/5 hours. She loves her walks - dancing on her hind legs with excitement at the prospect - and walks well on the lead after the initial excitement. She’s good off the lead and comes when called.

trixieocchew.jpg

Trixie is not obsessed with food and takes any treats very gently. She does love lots of fuss, playing with her squeaky toys and cuddling up on the sofa - she would also love to share the bed (which she did in her previous home), but accepts not being allowed to and sleeps quietly in her basket all night long.

She is not too keen on being groomed, but is beginning to enjoy a daily brushing to keep her thick, wiry coat clean and in good condition … she nibbles at the brush when she’s had enough! She’s altogether in good shape with excellent eyesight, hearing and teeth.

trixieocball.jpg

She doesn’t like cats - and barks at postmen - but is fine with other dogs so long as they don’t get too pushy with her. At the moment, she is not a good traveller in the car - she whines and is better kept restrained as she sometimes tries to jump over the seats. Possibly more trips in the car to the park and not just to the vets or the beauty parlour would help.

Trixie has been spayed, vaccinated and microchipped. She has also passed her health check with flying colours at the vets and been flea and worm treated.

Her foster carer summarises:

She’s quite a perfect little girl and will make a super addition to any cat-free household. She’s got a lot of love and affection to give and deserves a good home for the rest of her life. I really cannot recommend her enough. She’s a real charmer and I’m falling for her already!

trixieoctum.jpg

Wow! Who could resist adorable little Trixie?

————————————————–

If you are interested in Trixie, please refer to our Adoption Procedures for information about the adoption process. You can then contact an Oldies Club rehoming co-ordinator as follows:

Email: [email protected]

Telephone: 0844 586 8656

Trixie can be rehomed anywhere in the UK, subject to a satisfactory home visit, but note that you will be required to travel to the foster home to meet her.

Hello again Trixie :wavey: ...looks like you have had your hair done...don't you look pretty.

I helped to transport Trixie and can confirm she is a smashing little girl who seems a lot younger than her years.

What was really cute about Trixie was the fact that although I had only met her once before prior to the transport day, when we were waiting on the service station for the next transporter I popped to the 'ladies' leaving hubby holding her..when I was walking back she spotted me from a distance, even though it was busy, and her little tail started wagging which I though was really sweet. :wub:

She is a lovely dog...good luck Trixie in finding your new home. :liebe94:

• 1 month later...