UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Rosie Posie (our Little Babe)

Jasmine

Yesterday morning Rosie had a bad bleed and also lost control of her bladder on the landing. She hadn't eaten her tea the night before and also struggled to take a drink. She'd been drinking loads to rinse the blood out of her mouth. I rang OH in tears and he came straight home, we decided to let her go, she's lost so much weight too.

OH rang our vet who came out at 1.15, when he arrived she got of the couch and went into the kitchen for a drink. We were gobsmacked, the water was full of blood and she was very wobbly on her back legs, so even though she'd bucked up for a minute we still decided it was time. She looked at me on the landing this morning (I was on the floor with her) and her eyes told me she was ready. She leaned her head on my shoulder like she always does and the blood was down the back of my dressing gown.

So she went peacefully on the couch with us and the girls nearby, we then had half an hour with her before putting her on her fave fleece blanket in the car and taking her to Leyland Pet Cemetery. They laid her out and we spent the last 10 minutes kissing her and telling her how much we love her and will miss her. We brought her home in her casket at 5.15. :mecry:

We're heartbroken beyond belief, she was the youngest of our girls and thought she'd be with us a few more years yet. We love and miss you so much Our Little Babe (she answered to that) and you will always be in our hearts forever and ever. :wub:

Have fun at the Bridge Rosie, hope you're chasing Cleo and having fun sweetheart. :wub:

One of my fave pics of you, but I have so many.

1603822_600.jpg

Can't wait to get into your birthday cake

1603781_600.jpg

On one of our many Scottish holidays

1603676_600.jpg

With your sister Ruby

1603955_600.jpg

Another fave

1603794_600.jpg

Sleep tight sweetheart, we love you more than words can say. :wub:

Oh Marion I'm so very sorry that you have both lost your very precious girl. I was very lucky to meet Rosie and she was a lovely girl. It was so cruel that she wasn't well as it was and then this. Run free and strong at the bridge sweetheart. If I can do anything at all Marion please let me know. Thinking of you both and I'm here if you. :GroupHug:

Thanks for the lovely messages :GroupHug:

We've also had lots of cards and flowers and messages on Facebook which have consoled us. Rosie was loved by everyone she met being the softie she was. I have two framed pictures hanging on a wall in the living room (one Ruby, the other Rosie)

I'm sat here on Thursday night/early friday about 1.40 am and there was a big crash from downstairs. I thought the ironing board had fell over. When I got up the next day Ruby's pic was on the floor, I was stunned, :ohmy: it's hung there for 4 years no problem.

OH thought it was a sign but I asked why Ruby's photo, he said Rosie was hoping it would hit Ruby on the head to remind her that she wasn't far away. :)

Me and the girls had a big walk up the wood today, first time there without her and I kept looking behind for Rosie, (she was always the lagger) out of habit I suppose.

:GroupHug: