UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

I Went To The Dark Side!

cocoa

well i have gone to the dark side Agility! ( not OB or flyball lol )

my first class was last night we only got to look round and get told all about it and what we need to do.

so I will go back for my first in 2 weeks time.

I can't wait I have my home work and will start with one to one training ( only cose i know some one that can train me lol and it will help me get my head round it all )

but I can't wait now,

I am doing my touch work as stays

any thing else i should be doing ?

agility is FUN!! I bet your dogs will love it too. One thing you must remember, is there is no "NO" in agility, only trying again if you don't get it right. You can always tell which dogs have been told off a lot, they don't make less mistakes, but they can look slightly nervy and don't always get a nice flowing run, so keeping it fun, lots of praise when it goes right etc is the way to go. Besides, any mistakes by the dog will 99,99% of time be handler mistakes anyway, so no reason to punish the DOG for it lol.. :happy: You clicker train as well, don't you? If so, you are half way there! Especially for the contacts, I would do that with any collie, click for being on the contacts.

I know it's not flyball

but we are not sure Ria will never go back to flyball after all that has happen it could e better to just move on

I do clicker train and have started touches of a diss which moves on to the touch or stand/down on the contacts.

I can't wait now!

Edited by cocoa

• 2 weeks later...