UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

The Good the Bad and the Ugly

• Replies 719
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Would anyone want to bid on one of those memory foam mattress things? :unsure: A well known manufacturer is a big Sol fan and gives him pretty much anything he asks for.

The only problem might be delivery - they come vacuum packed in a roll then magically whizz up to bed size when you slit the wrapping. Still not something you could pop in the post though and courier costs might prove prohibitive. Should I get one weighed and measured so that delivery costs might be estimated?

I haven't ever slept on one btw and haven't a clue as to whether they're any good.

Too late in the day to google for a decent site but it's these that Sol's on about. I think they're more mattresses than mattress toppers but I couldn't be sure.

They roll up small as shown in the photos when vacuum packed but boing into life (full bed size and normal mattress thickness) when you slit the wrapping. Sol and I play at slitting the wrapping quite a lot (it's irresistible fun - a bit like popping bubble wrap only more satisfying) but haven't actually bothered to lie on one so far. We'll try and get round to trampoline testing one next week and report back :flowers:

Some of the furniture from Johnny Depp's trailer as used during the making of Sweeney Todd might also be up for grabs, mostly banquettes and wicker chairs but there are some quite tasteful cushions too.

Can I just have Johnny Depp instead pleasethankyouverymuch :biggrin:

I'll be seeing the bloke who directs him or something during the week and will pass your request on Elaine :laugh:

A personalised autographed photo might be all I can get though if that'd be any good for the auction :unsure: