UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Tripod Jrt In Urgent Need

The much loved tiny JRT bitch of a gypsy friend was run over last week. The owner wanted to give her a chance of life and so asked the vet to do whatever was necessary.

Consequently, one back leg was amputated. The other leg is not broken but was skinned and badly bruised.

The dog was released from the vet's last night and has gone home with her people.

However, the owner, understandably, thinks that the rough life of an outdoor gypsy dog will no longer be suitable for this little girl.

She is very small, rough coated, 5 years old and very sweet. She is fine with other dogs and with children. She has always been a pet, never a working dog.

The owner is particularly concerned that she will be attacked by the other dogs they have

At the moment this little dog, Poppy, has a 70/30 chance of surviving and of being able to use her other back leg effectively.

I know this ia a long shot - but is there anyone out there willing to either foster or adopt this little girl? She is so tiny you would hardly notice she was there. But of course she will need some fairly intensive nursing for a while.

Normally I take dogs from the gypsies when they are ill or injured but I am over my limit and already have a sick dog in the house

Please could someone help? : :flowers:

The dog is in the Cardiff area. I will post pics when I can

So far so good. The person who offered her a forever home became a little worried about her post - op care. But her sister collected Poppy this evening with a view to nursing and fostering her. And that was a joyful meeting with Poppy kissing Rachel a lot :wub:

Keep your fingers crossed that this is a failed foster situation

So far so good. The person who offered her a forever home became a little worried about her post - op care. But her sister collected Poppy this evening with a view to nursing and fostering her. And that was a joyful meeting with Poppy kissing Rachel a lot :wub:

Keep your fingers crossed that this is a failed foster situation

Forgot to say that Poppy is now using her remaining back leg - in spite of the injuries to it - and is getting about OK

The person who is fostering Poppy says that she is an angel, very very cuddly and good with everyone. :wub:

However, she has lost some of her stitches and has to be repaired tomorrow.

The good news is that she is using the other leg and can get about. Rachel says she can do about 20 steps before she loses her balance. And she doesn't have far to fall because she is a really tiny terrier.

I'm hoping that Rachel will send some pics of her. It's so frustrating because I have pics of her on my camera but my camera is so old that my brand new computer refuses to talk to it. :rolleyes:

Anyway, she will be staying with Rachel until the perfect forever home comes up. She needs a quiet home with someone around all day to cuddle her, a nice garden for exploring and short walks with lots of good sniffs.

She's going to be a normal, active little terrier once her remaining back leg has healed and she's sorted out the balance thing.