UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

What To Do If You Lose Your Dog

Pingu

first off get posters up quickly in the area the dog was lost in. anything will do initially you can put a better one up later but get something up.

Speak to people who are in the area a lot. postmen, park rangers, taxi drivers, police... anyone who may see your dog. In particular speak to other dog walkers as they will already probably be sympathetic.

contact your local police, vets and animal control. Often, from my experiences anyhow, the police wont treat is as seriously as you do so you may need to badger them a bit. Ask at local rescues.

put more posters up.

contact organisations like dog lost it will increase the number of people looking for your dog.

ensure your dog can be identified. by law you should have your contact details on your dogs ID tag but also seriously consider chipping or tatooing. Have recent pictures of your dog.

I am sure those from dog lost will be able to add more but this is my initial brain dump.

• 9 months later...

On posters that you put through neighbourhood doors add a note asking them to put your poster in their window. Other dog owners will probably be sympathetic enough to do so.

Also visit some of the local areas where there is a good chance of bumping into doggy folk, include areas that you don't normally go. The more that you spread the word (and the quicker) the shorter you may be seperated.