UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Introduce Yourself

Pingu

This thread is for new users to introduce themselves.

So post a bit about yourself and your animals.

I will start

Hi I am Pingu. I run this board along with the other admin and moderators.

I am a bloke and I live with Rykat and the following animals :-

Ryker – Boxer dog

Katie – Rottie bitch

Ellie – Rottie Bitch

Dino – Rottie dog

Misty – Rottie Bitch

Anya – White lop bunny

Xander – brown bunny

Willow – Harlequin Bunny

May – big black bunny

Pipsqueek – Brown bunny

Dylan – Harlequin lop bunny

Bunniciular – Nethie bunny

Flopsy - big browny bun

Hamster 1

Hamster 2

Gerry the gerbil

We live in the NW of England and up until recently ran a small rottie rescue. We have had to wind this down for now due to time pressure but eventually hope to be rich enough to open an animal refuge.

Edited by Rykat
  • Like 3

Good Idea :biggrin:

Im Linda and Live In Sittingbourne Kent with my Husband.

Im originally from Denmark but has lived here for 4 yrs.

We live with the following animals.

Toby - Golden Retriever

Millie - Golden Retriever

Paris - Lab x Staff

Fergus - Ferret

Chuckles - Ferret

Bo - Ferret

Bandit - Ferret

Pickle - Ferret

Rocket - Ferret

And lots of tropical fish

I'm Fiona and live near Swindon with husband and two daughters (10 & 13 yrs).

I volunteer as Administration Co-ordinator for the Oldies Club (www.oldies.org.uk) also do some admin work and fundraising for a local greyhound rescue.

We share our home with:

Molly - greyhound

Taz - saluki lurcher

Meg - whippet/terrier x

Callie - elderly collie x

Pip - guinea pig

Speedy & Greedy - Giant African Land snails

(Edited because I forgot the snails - how could I??)

Edited by Fee

I'm Marion and live in Keswick, Cumbria.

I share a house with 2 mutts, George and Archie and 3 cats Skippy, Jimmy and Cozzie :wub:

My housemate (platonic) is Ruby and we have been friends for yeeeeeeeeeeeeeears :)

I used to be the secretary and gofor for a local animal charity but got fed up with the bitching and back biting (sound familar to anyone :rolleyes: ) so nowadays just keep my hand in by doing a bit of transporting and homechecking.

Hi- I am Sandra I live in West Sussex with my hubby, George. We are originally from Glasgow but have been down here about 3.5 years.

We share our home with:

Keira 9yrs and Tia 6.5yrs, both mad Border Collie Bitches.

We do Competetive Obedience for fun and I am starting to more for rescue (thanks to forums like this)

ps I like the irony Pingu calling a bunny Anya :dry: :laugh: :laugh:

Hi most of you know, but here goes. :)

Im Kazz from Redditch, married to a very understanding oh where dogs are concerned. We have Max a GSD who is 11, Korky GSD just returned back to me at 8 years old. 2 foster Lurchers, Bonnie and Lois. I homecheck, foster and transport when needed. :)

Edited by redditchlady

I'm Mel, married to Trev and have two kids, Ellis 7 and Sam 4. We live in Nottingham and share our home with

Charley Foo dog, staffyx aged about 10

Cisco, greyhound aged 11

Sidney, Greyhound aged 12

Dennis, greyhound aged 7

Amber, greyhoundy/whippety thing age unknown but somewhere beteeen 8 and 10

Pepe, cat aged 15

Rosie, cat aged 9,

Mr Humperson, cat aged 8

Bob, cat aged 7

and one lonely little white cloud minnow :)

I'm Hazel, married to a forgiving OH & live in Co Meath, Ireland.

We share our house with:

Yama - dane

Ulrich - dane

BooMonster - hairy lurcher type

Loki - Border Collie

Furball, JD, Meiko, Homer, Luci, Mintoe & Sufi - house cats & 6 'strayed domestic' cats.

We also have 1 jird, 1 jerboa, 10 gerbils, 6 rabbits, 5 guinea pigs. The small animal count changes on a day to day basis as I run as small rescue from my home.

I'm sure you all know me and mine...but

Jacky

Live in Anglesey, do foster (but having time out due to the last one not leaving!!!!! :cool: ), homecheck and transport...but not very often cos I'm so remote theirs no one near me that needs me!!!!

Share my home with :

Cromwell - 11 year old x breed rescue thug

Tiz - 5 year old beagle x staffie rescue princess

Sidney - 2 year old hairy thing rescue lunatic

Cooper - 5 year old foster boy who forgot to leave...staffie x jr and a character to die for!!! :wub:

Cosmic Cat - 14 years old, doesn't know she's a cat..lived with dogs her whole life so why would she!!! :laugh:

And finally Kane my 6 year old beautiful horse. The love of my life, and the best £500 I ever spent!!!! He's partically sighted and been abused but now is a wonderful friend who will spend the rest of his life with me!!! :wub: :wub: :wub:

No fella...as who on earth would take on me AND that lot!!! :ohmy:

Hi, I am Ann and I live in North Suffolk with wonderful husband John and we are both ancient ! We have Jilly ( 8) and Sammy (6) both trailhounds and Ted (14) Collie x JRT. Also have cats, Saleem (7) Black x siamese, Sophie (10) grey tabby and Peggy (7) tortoiseshell catxdogxhuman (we have had her since she was 10 days old).

We support The Trailhound Trust, F.A.I.T.H. Animal Rescue in Norfolk and JG's Dog Sanctuary in Suffolk on a regular basis and other animal appeals at various times. We also like to support some charities helping people too in this country and abroad.

I like the Refuge very much - so far it seems to have avoided any of the unpleasantness which can occur on some boards - long may it continue and thank you to Pingu and Rykat for setting it up.

Ann :elefant:

I am Wendy, live in Wiltshire and volunteer for Labrador Rescue South East & Central, make jewellery and things to fundraise for HWAR, transport and homecheck for anyone I can help in the area.

I hardly post here at all :rolleyes:

I live with Poppy, 8 year old Chocolate Labrador, ex brood bitch from Lizzies Barn and BumpyJake, 10 year old blind Black Labrador, adopted from LRSE&C. The other half of my name, Gdog, sadly left for the Bridge late last year.

I'm Aly and I live near Woodstock in Oxfordshire. I share my home with OH Gary, 2 Teenaged daughters, The Dogs - Kleine, Rufus and Merlyn, The Cats - Vivian, Purdy, Kym, Max, Neo, Cleo, several fishtanks, 3 Ponies who don't share the house but live in a rented field in a nearby village and my beloved LandRover :)

Oh and I work as an Accountant for the University.